Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I do Study Abroad  (Read 926 times)

yupster567

• View Profile
Should I do Study Abroad
« on: January 19, 2007, 04:46:38 PM »
Assuming of course that I will not find a decent job for this summer, should I do study abroad?  Our school has a program in Rome and Oxford.  If I do them, it will cost me 15K for both, but I will get 8 credits

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Should I do Study Abroad
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 04:58:15 PM »
Do you just take classes, or is there any opportunity for an internship or practical experience?

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:53:43 PM »
Do you just take classes, or is there any opportunity for an internship or practical experience?

TITCR.

This is the main reason I decided against doing our program. Yes you get credit, but very little resume value IMO.

I did the backpacking thing so I considered that my chance to travel, but if you haven't been abroad it ma be a good combo.

The idea of, I'll take out an extra $10k and booze it up in Europe while getting 6 hours is not the best route, I'm not saying that thats what you planned, but I've seen it.

wakaranai

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 11:42:49 PM »
The real question is why do you have to spend $15K for both? Why not work for part of the summer and do the other half abroad if it interests you? That's what people who plan on studying abroad with my school are hoping to do.