Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Moot Court Opportunity  (Read 544 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Moot Court Opportunity
« on: January 18, 2007, 02:32:14 PM »
Air Force JAG Corps

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Moot Court Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 02:42:21 PM »
I say this is the perfect opportunity to do it and have fun with it.  It's an unexpected lucky surprise to make it, and you don't have that much invested in it. Moot Court can be a lot of fun -- especially if you don't take it too seriously -- and you're right, it looks pretty good on a resume.  Go for it!
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 05:29:24 PM »
I say do it.  It's great public speaking experience, if nothing else.  If you want to do litigation or appellate work, it can be invaluable.  It looks great on a resume, and if you're interviewed by people during your career who did moot court, it's an easy thing to have in common.

As the previous poster said, don't take it too seriously, and try to have some fun with it.  You might enjoy it more than you did for the try-out competition, since it's a different sort of competitive atmosphere.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 06:39:21 PM »

How far do you go in order for you to put it on the resume. She made it to the next round doesn't mean that she can automatically put it on her resume and it will be impressive.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 11:21:54 PM »

How far do you go in order for you to put it on the resume. She made it to the next round doesn't mean that she can automatically put it on her resume and it will be impressive.

Based on the OP, he didn't just make it to the next round.  It was an invitation to join the Moot Court Society/team.  That definitely goes on your resume.