Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still no grades and no indication when they're coming out.  (Read 1108 times)

sarbinson1

• View Profile
Still no grades and no indication when they're coming out.
« on: January 17, 2007, 10:01:15 PM »
Two full weeks into classes now and it's like they've completely forgotten about grades.  They were due from faculty over a week ago.  This is ridiculous. 

traveler

• View Profile
Re: Still no grades and no indication when they're coming out.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 10:24:39 PM »
count your blessings. My semester was going fine until the mofo's sent out grades. It's a bunch of arbitrary b u l l * & ^ %.

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 10:53:48 PM »
Law profs are lazy * & ^ % heads.

I had a multiple choice (yes, multiple choice) test 36 days ago and still no grade.  Mind you it consisted of 50 questions and there were 25 students taking the exam.  I'd say that a mildly retarded 3 year old could have finished grading them in half the time. 

challandler

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 11:27:14 PM »
The registrar's office here claims that it may take as much as 3 weeks from the turn-in deadline for the grades to be posted, so it is entirely possible that the delay is not the professor's fault so much as the adminsitration's.

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 11:32:45 PM »
I finished exams 39 days ago, my first one was 44 days ago.  One grade.  We've been back in class now for two weeks and it's hellish.
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 11:50:21 PM »
In my case, I know it's not the registrar as I have personal confirmation from the registrar that she posts grades as they come in and they show up shortly thereafter.  What pisses me off the most is that I work my ass off to study for an exam, put in hours upon hours of study time.  You would think that the prof. could at least reciprocate a fraction of that effort take their lazy asses down to the scantron machine and retrieve the paper from the other side.  Then, proceed to their office, formulate a curve (it must be hard to put those numbers in descending order) and turn in the sheet to the registrar within a 36 day period.  I just don't think that's asking too much considering the effort I put into studying and the amount of money that goes from my pocket to theirs on an annual basis. 

sarbinson1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 12:46:41 AM »
In my case, I know it's not the registrar as I have personal confirmation from the registrar that she posts grades as they come in and they show up shortly thereafter.  What pisses me off the most is that I work my ass off to study for an exam, put in hours upon hours of study time.  You would think that the prof. could at least reciprocate a fraction of that effort take their lazy asses down to the scantron machine and retrieve the paper from the other side.  Then, proceed to their office, formulate a curve (it must be hard to put those numbers in descending order) and turn in the sheet to the registrar within a 36 day period.  I just don't think that's asking too much considering the effort I put into studying and the amount of money that goes from my pocket to theirs on an annual basis. 

The registrar told me the same thing- they post grades as soon as they get them from the profs, but only when ALL profs have them in.  That means one or more (probably many more) have badly missed the deadline.  I know they don't give a *&^%, but come on.  Especially for scantron- it should take ten minutes to run them through the machine and then it gives raw scores which you can convert to a curve in less than 60 seconds using any number of programs.  The only thing I can think is they're trying to indoctrinate people into the kinds of mind games that will be commonplace at firms. 

NotReally

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 08:22:23 AM »
At least you all have  deadline that has already passed.  My school just pushes the deadline out so far that any idiot can get it done grading for about 10 minutes per day.  Yet amazingly, one of my professors didn't get grades last year until Mid February about a week after the deadline..........

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 01:54:42 PM »
I took my torts exam the first week in December and still haven't gotten a grade.  That's just pure laziness.  It makes me sick!  I keep hearing from employers that say I should report my grades when they come out and then we will schedule an interview.  By the time my school grades everything, all the 1L jobs will be taken.  I will be babysitting or working at Taco Bell this summer!

PHSextemp

• AOL Instant Messenger - PHSextemp
    • View Profile
    • My blog
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 07:49:11 PM »
I think a lot of it is likely on the administration.  We have our CivPro grades (just got them like two days ago) but our professor told us that he had submitted them 2-3 weeks ago.  He even said that his exams were done before school was open from winter break... but you're right, that doesn't get my contracts grade here any faster.
3.95/168  ATTENDING NYU!!!
In: Berkeley, Washington/Lee ($$$), UNC ($$), NYU
Waitlisted: Michigan, Chicago, UVa
Given the boot: Yale
Pending: Duke
http://nyuseejd.blogspot.com