Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Grades needed for T2 transfer to NW or UChi  (Read 1040 times)

bvfor3

• View Profile
Grades needed for T2 transfer to NW or UChi
« on: January 13, 2007, 03:16:53 PM »
Anybody know what GPA and/or Class Rank that would be needed to transfer from one of the Chicago T2 schools (Depaul, Loyola-Chi, Kent) to Northwestern or UChicago

also, what would be needed for a transfer from one of the same ChiT2's to GULC or UVA?

Brisco

• View Profile
Re: Grades needed for T2 transfer to NW or UChi
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 04:19:32 PM »
top 5% for UVA/NU. Might be able to get into NU with top 10% but unlikely. top 5% first semester for GULC EA. GULC EA also prefers GPA's over 3.7 regardless of class rank. top 5 numerical for UChicago

Blunderbuss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 11:25:28 AM »
top 5% for UVA/NU. Might be able to get into NU with top 10% but unlikely. top 5% first semester for GULC EA. GULC EA also prefers GPA's over 3.7 regardless of class rank. top 5 numerical for UChicago

As if this is a rocket science!

Whether you will get in depends on luck.  In general, you need very impressive grade to get into any of these schools.  Just hit them all and cross your fingers. 

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 11:54:11 AM »
I did this transfer to U of C, I was in the top 5%.  Another friend of mine did the transfer with a cumulative 4.0 (probably not required; I didn't have it).  A friend of mine went Chicago T2 to GULC with top 5%. (That's the highest rank that our school gave out)

You can transfer to lower ranked schools outside of the top 10% (i.e. UIUC); I know two people who did this.

PM me if you want more information.
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.