Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If accepted here but waitlisted at the U, should I go here?  (Read 3186 times)

taplinb

• View Profile
    • Cui Bono
    • Email
If accepted here but waitlisted at the U, should I go here?
« on: January 13, 2007, 08:16:32 AM »
Hey St. Thomas folks!

I have been accepted at William Mitchell for the Fall of 2007, and hope to be accepted here. I live and will remain in Saint Paul, and may pursue a career in Criminal, IP, or Business Law. The U of MN probably won't admit me with a 157 LSAT, so... If I am wait-listed at the U of MN, and accepted to every other Minnesota school, should I attend your school?

If so or if not, why?
-Brad

Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

OingoBoingo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
Re: If accepted here but waitlisted at the U, should I go here?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:59:48 AM »
Brad,

There is a open house on the 26th of this month. I think that is the best way to start.I was in your same position last year, getting in to all except the U Minn. St Thomas (for me) has proved to be the wisest choice.

Oingo
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

taplinb

• View Profile
    • Cui Bono
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
My thanks for the advice. I must decide within about twenty days. Later today I'll be discussing this decision with in-laws who have practiced law for quite some time.

Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 08:05:14 PM »
Dude: in my view this is a no-brainer.  St. Thomas will be the #2 law school in MN, its alumni network is unmatched by any school in the region, it has more money than it knows what to do with and in its first year appearing in the USNWR rankings is certain to outperform William Mitchell and Hamline.  While I don't think it will ever be a tier 1 school it will quickly become a solid tier 2 with a network in the cities that easily rivals the UM.