Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer from T3 to T1?  (Read 1235 times)

Ianr1234

• View Profile
Transfer from T3 to T1?
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »
I didn't have the greatest GPA or LSAT score 2.73 (Engineering), 155lsat

I had 6 years work experience as an engineer

1st semester I got 3.7 on 2.7 curve.

Would I ever be a candidate to transfer to a T1 or are my initial scores to low?

jer2911tx

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Transfer from T3 to T1?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:30:40 AM »
i think you have an excellent shot, depending on where you want to transfer to.

start emailing now for info to get some 'face-time' with them and let them know you are interested.

be sure to let us know how it works out.
i'm at 3.1/164 but may end up at texas wesleyan PT for a yr or so working out some personal issues....they're the only acceptance i have at this point in the cycle...but i would look at transferring out after i et personal stuff back to normal and would be interested in how it goes for you and if you have any tips.

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 01:11:14 PM »
You are a lock for a T1 program if you cast a wide enough net.  Few schools will care about your undergrad or lsat.

you need to start checking websites for transfer rules.  a number of t1's (texas for example) state that you must have the credentials to have been accepted last year regardless of your class standing or gpa this year.  which i think sucks, btw

4yearPLAN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 04:34:01 PM »
I'm basically in the same boat.  I go to a T3 school and got a 3.66 first ssemester on a 2.6-2.7 curve.  I know that I would stand a decent chance at getting accepted at a couple T1 schools, but is it worth it?  Is it worth giving up your class rank, law review, etc., to be at a higher ranked school?  I like the law school I go to, so I'm not sure what to do.