Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: It is mid-January, where should I look for jobs?  (Read 1258 times)

Blunderbuss

• View Profile
    • Email
It is mid-January, where should I look for jobs?
« on: January 12, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »
I am about top 10% at UIUC, looking to work anywhere, but preferably at a law firm(size doesn't matter) and be paid. 
I have sent out about 3 or 4 applications so far (I got these from career service's website).  What else should I do now?  Urbana is a tiny town and they only have tiny firms that probably have no need for 1L summer associate.  Should I mass mail all the firms on NALP that hire 1L? 

I don't want to volunteer my time in LA for some public interests group, I have no desire to work PI and can't afford to pay rent at 2 places while not making money. 

I am open to government work if they pay me. 

Please advice. 

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: It is mid-January, where should I look for jobs?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 03:45:36 PM »
UIUC? What a TTT, you might have finished in the top 5%, but you ain't never gotta get those lucrative firm jobs. 
Yale Law School - Class of 09

benny149

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 04:19:37 PM »
UIUC? What a TTT, you might have finished in the top 5%, but you ain't never gotta get those lucrative firm jobs. 

Yale my A$$.  Who would post lies on the internet about what school they go to? The truth is out...KrazyNazi posts on LSD while viewing his online torts class at Concord Law. 

Blunderbuss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 04:27:37 PM »

I am not Yale material, for sure.  But a firm job is not impossible even for me. 

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 04:32:50 PM »
awwww....jelous is not becoming...

And to Blunderbuss:

UIUC is a lousy school that barely hangs onto its ranking by lying about Westlaw spending.  What a TTT.  Firms in Chicago, which is the only market where you will find some jobs will take a bottom kid from NU or Notre Dame before they even look at your sorry ass. I am sorry kid. 
Yale Law School - Class of 09

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »
I think once you post on XO you should be limited to that site permanently.