Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: transfer options/procedure  (Read 957 times)

cassell456

• View Profile
transfer options/procedure
« on: January 12, 2007, 12:04:02 PM »
I am an evening student at a T2 in Chicago... My first semester GPA is around a 3.7-3.8 and the median is approx. 3.1-3.2.

If I wanted to transfer into a higher ranked schools full-time program how could I do this since I wont have officially finished the entire 1L curriculum as a part time student by the end of spring semester.

Also based on that sort of GPA how far up could I move?  I assume T14 or T20 is out of the question, but what about a school ranked in the 30s?

Thanks.

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: transfer options/procedure
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 12:11:33 PM »
Not necessarily. You can transfer part-time programs to other part-time programs. You should try to transfer to Georgetown or George Washington's part-time program, and then just move to full time after a semester if you want to go to a t14-20 school.

Also try Fordham's part-time in New York, and then just move to full time after a semster.

I am an evening student at a T2 in Chicago... My first semester GPA is around a 3.7-3.8 and the median is approx. 3.1-3.2.

If I wanted to transfer into a higher ranked schools full-time program how could I do this since I wont have officially finished the entire 1L curriculum as a part time student by the end of spring semester.

Also based on that sort of GPA how far up could I move?  I assume T14 or T20 is out of the question, but what about a school ranked in the 30s?

Thanks.

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 03:37:46 PM »

Thanks.

PM me about this; I was in the exact same situation as you and transferred.
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

Louder Than Bombs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 06:03:40 PM »
there's no reason why a top school is 'out of the question.' you kicked ass. you're probably in the top 5% or so. that gives you a great shot at a top 10 school.