Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OMG Received Horrible Grades... Any input would help ...  (Read 1155 times)

justdroppingby

• View Profile
OMG Received Horrible Grades... Any input would help ...
« on: January 07, 2007, 05:34:26 AM »
I just received my grades. All C's 2.0 flat. I am wondering if this is all worth it. My school curve is a 2.7. I know I can do much better but I am wondering if it is worth it to continue. I was planning on withdrawing due to family issues but I thought I could handle everything. Clearly, I was wrong. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OMG Received Horrible Grades... Any input would help ...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 08:59:16 AM »
You should talk to somebody at your school's academic services/student affairs.

Krisace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:08:46 PM »
It depends of you enjoy law school.  If so, then go talk to an advisor about study habits/techniques and keep with it.  I know plenty of people who did poorly first year and bounced back with GPA's way above 3.0 their 2L and 3L years.

Bored 3L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 04:45:26 PM »
I just received my grades. All C's 2.0 flat. I am wondering if this is all worth it. My school curve is a 2.7. I know I can do much better but I am wondering if it is worth it to continue. I was planning on withdrawing due to family issues but I thought I could handle everything. Clearly, I was wrong. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Depends on your goals.  If you want to work at a large firm, for example, then you should realize that that's no longer possible, and you should drop out if you couldn't be happy in a different practice setting.  More generally, you should talk to career services and discuss your realistic job options, then decide if those appeal to you.  Assuming you decide to stay in school, obviously you should take a closer look at your study habbits, speak to your professors about your exams, etc.