Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still waiting for grades  (Read 1142 times)

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
Still waiting for grades
« on: January 05, 2007, 10:21:54 PM »
I swear to God, waiting for law school grades sucks worse than waiting for LSAT scores or waiting to see if you've been accepted to law school.  Anyone else still waiting for their grades?

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Still waiting for grades
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 10:28:03 PM »
I'm a 2L, but I'm still waiting for 2 grades.  Because I've been bitching to everyone that will listen, I figured I might as well do it here too.  I took a 50 question multiple choice exam on December 11th.  There are 25 students in the class, that's right 25.  And here it is January 5th and I STILL have not received the grade for this class.  It is pissing me off so badly and I want ask the professor what the @#!* she has been doing for the past 3 weeks. Just unbelievable really.   

sarbinson1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 10:34:54 PM »
I'm a 2L, but I'm still waiting for 2 grades.  Because I've been bitching to everyone that will listen, I figured I might as well do it here too.  I took a 50 question multiple choice exam on December 11th.  There are 25 students in the class, that's right 25.  And here it is January 5th and I STILL have not received the grade for this class.  It is pissing me off so badly and I want ask the professor what the f**ck she has been doing for the past 3 weeks. Just unbelievable really.   

Legal Ethics?

If it makes you feel better we haven't gotten grades either.  They only release them when every professor is forced to have them in, which is the 12th.  Laaaaaaame.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »
I've received 1 grade so far.  I finished exams on the 18th.  Last year, as a 1L, our grades weren't in until almost the middle of February.  My school sucks with grades.  They are WAY too lenient with the professors that sit on their asses.

And coincidently, last year, the 2 professors whose grades came in last were the ones that spent a week partying in Vegas together.   ::)

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 11:17:45 PM »
I'm a 2L, but I'm still waiting for 2 grades.  Because I've been bitching to everyone that will listen, I figured I might as well do it here too.  I took a 50 question multiple choice exam on December 11th.  There are 25 students in the class, that's right 25.  And here it is January 5th and I STILL have not received the grade for this class.  It is pissing me off so badly and I want ask the professor what the f**ck she has been doing for the past 3 weeks. Just unbelievable really.   

Legal Ethics?

If it makes you feel better we haven't gotten grades either.  They only release them when every professor is forced to have them in, which is the 12th.  Laaaaaaame.

No, Corporations.  I can't believe that law schools encourage such collective laziness from these professors.  I put hours of study time into these exams.  The least they could do is get off their fat asses and run them through a scantron machine.  I mean holy *&^%.

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:59:49 PM »
allow me to also female dog on this thread.  my school doesn't piecemeal the grades -- they wait until *all* the grades are in from *every* professor for *every* class before they release them.

two years ago it was the middle of march.

i ran into my torts prof in the registrar's office yesterday.  "turning in grades?" i asked, hopefully.  "nope, haven't even started grading.  just got back from my cruise."

:P

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 10:13:27 PM »
My school is the exact same way. Luckily my grades are going to come out in three weeks i think.
Attending: OU

ajstyles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 12:01:05 AM »
I swear to God, waiting for law school grades sucks worse than waiting for LSAT scores or waiting to see if you've been accepted to law school.  Anyone else still waiting for their grades?

TOTALLY COMPLETELY AGREE!!! I HATE THIS! GOD! PLEASE GIVE ME MY GRADES! My break is over in a week and I still don't have grades.  MY GOD! This really is awful! And I agree...the reason why this is worse than waiting for LSAT scores or school accetpances is becuase, in my opnion, you get a pretty accurate sense of how well you did with respect to each of the aforementioned on your own (i.e. you can pretty much guesstimate how well you did on the LSAT based on practice exams and if you did or did not get into a law school based on the LSAC estimates and the school's own records with respects to admits/denials)

BUT LAW SCHOOL EXAMS ARE SO FREAKIN DAMN SUBJECTIVE! AHHH!

A lot of ppl out there seem to get their grades REALLY late...like February or April.  But at least for those students, they know that there's no way of getting grades before the second semester starts...so you really aren't "waiting" in the same sense as those of us who were told that we would get our grades before second semester began.

But, at the end of the day, I'd rather be in this position instead of having to wait till well into the second semester.

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 01:51:17 AM »
My grades are technically not due until January 22, which is really silly. But, I'm pretty sure before I know I'll check up on my transcript, and voila, I'll wish they were due in January 2020.

I'm trying not to think about it. My harm hurts.. from lifting all those margaritas.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 01:09:42 PM »
I'm starting my first class today onlyknowing one grade, it is so weird and hard to adjust to coming from undergrad where grades were in before you started the next semester.