Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fall 2007 1Ls  (Read 14889 times)

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • it rubs the lotion on its skin
    • View Profile
Fall 2007 1Ls
« on: January 05, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »
Hello all.

Thought I would start a thread for Fall 2007 admitted students (decided or undecided).  For those of you that will for sure be attending...what are your reasons for choosing MSU? And for those undecided, what other schools are you considering?

EDIT:  It's official I'm going to MSU!  ;D
MSU 2010

JD_LawSchool

• View Profile
Re: Fall 2007 1Ls
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 01:03:33 AM »
hey ive been accepted there this week.  not sure if i will attend though.  send me an email if anyone woule like to talk..

abcarrabis@aol.com

~drew

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 01:31:48 AM »
I guess I should officially come on this board and say that I have made my decision to go to MSU as well.  Thanks for the $$$ and computer MSU and for moving to tier 3 the day I sent my deposit check in!! Who else is going to MSU??
Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

plex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »
Hey guys, I plan on going to MSU as well, it is the 2nd best law school in the state, and since it is my home state, where I have a decent amount of connections, I think it was an easy choice going there.  8)

Trying my best to find a decent place to stay out there right now, campus housing is pretty unimpressive, so I am looking through the dozens of different apartment places. I think I have narrowed it down to the top 5, hit me up if anyone is interested, it would make it a lot easier rooming with a fellow 1L.

Correction: Found a great place to stay, right across the street from campus, fairly cheap and has good management. Still need a roommate though, shouldn't take long though :D.

ChipJRyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 03:38:44 PM »
Hello All,

I'm heading to MSU Law in the Fall as well.  I'm living in a condo I just purchased at the corner of Lake Lansing and Hagadorn...it's about 5 mins North of Campus. Once the construction on Hagadorn is over it will be easy to get to.

where are you guys at reguarding student loans?  I have filled out the FAFSA and all of that but haven't heard anything about receiving funds yet.  I was just wondering if there was a step that I missed.  Also, when do we find out what our schedule will be?  Orientation?  Any info on that? 

Any help would be appreciated.  Congrats and good luck to all.

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 04:51:41 PM »
Chip-

Try logging into your StuInfo account to check your financial aid status. https://www.stuinfo.msu.edu/AppLogin.Asp?  It should list the loans & grants you were approved for and you have to accept or deny them.  If there isn't anything listed yet, I would call the financial aid office.

I know we are supposed to receive another packet of info around June 1st, but I'm not sure what it will contain (as far as schedule info).  But, I'm guessing we won't find out our sections or schedules until Orientation in August.

MSU 2010

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »
Hey Molaw,

It's been a while.  Hope things are going well with you.  Where did you hear that we will be receiving another info packet from?  I wonder what it will contain.  I am pretty sure we will hear about our schedules during orientations as well. 
Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 02:45:16 PM »
Eric,

I honestly don't remember where I heard about getting more info around June 1st...maybe in one of those e-chats??  It will probably be info about orientation, and just a confirmation for receiving both seat deposits.

I was on the MSU Law website today and the Fall 2007 class schedule is up.  There is a schedule up for 3 sections of full-time 1st years, I thought there were only 2 sections?

Things are going ok for me...I've just been VERY busy with work and trying to train my replacement.  I can't believe law school is now only 3 months away!  Hope things are well with you.
MSU 2010