Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T4 to T1  (Read 1473 times)

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
T4 to T1
« on: January 04, 2007, 11:26:07 PM »
Ok, just got a call today and found out I was accepted (yes, TODAY, JAN 4th) at Univ. of Maryland. Classes start Jan 16th. Due to the fact my husband's orders (military) were changed from Tallahassee to D.C., looks like I will be going to U-MD instead of FSU...
craziness ensues...
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

rutherford

• View Profile
Re: T4 to T1
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 11:38:45 PM »
So you transferred from Tier 4? Congrats! I did the T4 -> T1 shuffle this year too. :)

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 12:34:35 AM »
Thanks....
Is it as crazy as it seems? Other than the usual short notice have to move 13 hours away and cancel all the *&^% at the current transfer school.... I am starting to get nervous about going to school there... I wasn't nervous about FSU...and Maryland isn't that much higher...but for some reason.. I'm nervous.... maybe because I thought I wrote off this chance months ago and haven't given it another thought, so I feel like I don't know anything about it....

Road trip to Baltimore next week!
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 12:52:47 AM »
Thanks....
Is it as crazy as it seems? Other than the usual short notice have to move 13 hours away and cancel all the *&^% at the current transfer school.... I am starting to get nervous about going to school there... I wasn't nervous about FSU...and Maryland isn't that much higher...but for some reason.. I'm nervous.... maybe because I thought I wrote off this chance months ago and haven't given it another thought, so I feel like I don't know anything about it....

Road trip to Baltimore next week!

Wear your bulletproof vest!

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
UMD won't be too bad if your husband is in DC; you can take the train out there from DC or vice versa and it shouldn't take you but about 40 minutes depending on where you are. If you don't have to live on base, check out the MARC and METRO layout before you look at places to live; depending on a car during rush hour between DC & Baltimore is a mistake.

I go to GW in DC and my girlfriend works in Baltimore, and it's never taken me longer than 80 minutes to get from my place in Foggy Bottom to Camden in Baltimore. UMD is a good school and fun area, I have a couple friends there. Good luck.

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 11:27:14 AM »
Ok, just got a call today and found out I was accepted (yes, TODAY, JAN 4th) at Univ. of Maryland. Classes start Jan 16th. Due to the fact my husband's orders (military) were changed from Tallahassee to D.C., looks like I will be going to U-MD instead of FSU...
craziness ensues...

REVEL in it!!!!!  CONGRATS!!!!!!! :) :)
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 06:16:38 PM »
Thanks everyone! I'm still in shock (and the pure logistics of cancelling all my FSU stuff and getting up to MD in the next week!)

Husband will be working in Crystal City (and no, we don't have ot live on any base... thank god!) Last time he was working for this same unit, we lived out in Prince William County, so being on the OTHER side will be interesting..I'm looking forward to it. We are going to look for something in the College Park/Greenbelt area, because the Metro runs out there and he can take that into work, and that will cut my drive to Baltimore in half as well. Does anyone know if 295 or 95 is worse in that cooridore for traffic? I used to take 66 from Fairfax out to PWC and it SUCKED but took me maybe an hour in rush hour (20 min non rush hour). I don't know the traffic patterns on the other side of the Beltway..

Thanks again everyone!