Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who else is dying to see their grades?  (Read 3169 times)

gobig

• View Profile
Re: Who else is dying to see their grades?
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 01:24:58 PM »
Dying, I'm absolutely dying...... The wait is so much worst than taking the actual exam.

moonchigger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »
My torts grade came in yesterday, I'm trying to wait for all 4 of my grades to come in before I look.  I figure it'll be better to only drink one bottle of scotch instead of four to celebrate my success, wallow in my mediocrity, or drown my sorrows.

eli250

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 01:43:33 PM »
Anyone know why law schools wait so long to give out grades?  Students in other programs get their grades earlier.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 02:53:15 PM »
I got an A in my hardest class!! So happy! one more final grade to go, the rest are midterms.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 04:38:29 PM »
Moonchigger you go to school w/me, right?  We must be in the same class - Prof Best for Torts? What a small world. I can't believe you havent looked yet.  I looked the minute I saw them posted...I think my hands were actually shaking.

I won't talk about my grades at school...but since this is an anonymous board I want my moment of glory.  I got an A!!

2L

firant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 05:22:41 PM »
Checked again today.. all grades gone - got an e-mail telling me to wait till next week. Of course they also sent out an e-mail telling us all grades were supposed to be in last week.

Still.. at least the C's weren't real.

-F

Oh dang, I'm really sorry! I have one grade so far and am still listed at having received 0 credits. If it makes you feel any better it's nothing to write home about either.
GPA: 2.8.. LSAT: 173
Enrolled: University of Notre Dame

(GPA at graduation was 3.3)

wakaranai

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 05:24:44 PM »
Checked again today.. all grades gone - got an e-mail telling me to wait till next week. Of course they also sent out an e-mail telling us all grades were supposed to be in last week.

Still.. at least the C's weren't real.

-F

Oh dang, I'm really sorry! I have one grade so far and am still listed at having received 0 credits. If it makes you feel any better it's nothing to write home about either.

Phew, glad to hear it!

Cesco- congrats on your A- that's fantastic!

moonchigger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 07:07:48 PM »
Moonchigger you go to school w/me, right?  We must be in the same class - Prof Best for Torts? What a small world. I can't believe you havent looked yet.  I looked the minute I saw them posted...I think my hands were actually shaking.

I won't talk about my grades at school...but since this is an anonymous board I want my moment of glory.  I got an A!!

Yep, Prof. Best Torts.  Congrats on your A, that's awesome.  I aced the mid-term but did not feel confident at all about the final.  Actually, my wife probably thought I was going insane as I came home after the final just mumbling.

It seems you have a fairly good idea of who I am but I have no idea who you are.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 01:18:01 AM »
Moonchigger - you make me sound like a stalker! I have no idea who you are in "real life" - I just remember your username from our school thread on the pre-law board.  We posted about our classes/sections and I remember that you were in my section.

I am sure you did fine on the test.  I felt just like you after it was over - completely traumatized.  Like you, I got an A on the midterm but thought FOR SURE that I would end up w/a B in the class after that awful final.  The first question was a "what the f..k" kind of question (IMO).

Bite the bullent - look at your grade.  Im sure you did great. 
2L

moonchigger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 11:44:08 AM »
Moonchigger - you make me sound like a stalker! I have no idea who you are in "real life" - I just remember your username from our school thread on the pre-law board.  We posted about our classes/sections and I remember that you were in my section.

I am sure you did fine on the test.  I felt just like you after it was over - completely traumatized.  Like you, I got an A on the midterm but thought FOR SURE that I would end up w/a B in the class after that awful final.  The first question was a "what the f..k" kind of question (IMO).

Bite the bullent - look at your grade.  Im sure you did great. 

Sorry, didn't mean to make you sound like a stalker, just wasn't sure how you knew I was in your section or even attended DU.  I'm glad to hear someone else thought the best was b.s., especially the first question. 

I'm holding out until all of my grades are in.  But then again, the temptation will be even greater after hearing everyone talking about their grades on Wednesday.