Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 4.0 Grades First Semester!  (Read 5209 times)

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • You know who is a Blackstar? Who? Me!
    • View Profile
Re: 4.0 Grades First Semester!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »
Good job!
But when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out, in!

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 10:01:49 PM »
Just to counter this, I used only 1 supplement (understanding criminal law by lexis) and got 3.8 w/out canned briefs, outlines, etc. I am a firm believer that supps don't help you grasp the material; trying to grasp the material and making your own outlines and briefs does. Just my .02... Most of my classmates that used lots of supps thought it was substitute for actually understanding the material on your own first and it showed when they couldn't think original thoughts to analyze a fact pattern w/o regurgitation of Black Letter Law.

Agreed. The only supps I used first semester were E and E for Crim Law and that was it. I made 4 A's (4.0 A's) and one B+. I also booked two classes. I dont think the canned briefs are beneficial to first year students.

Congrats on your grades, though!
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 10:02:56 PM »
BTW, did you have Golden for K's?
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 01:46:15 AM »
i ended up with a 3.48 this semester (not a 4.0 but i was pleased) and I didnt use any commercial anything except for dressel's criminal law book and i skimmed the E&E a day or two before the exams

however, i did everythign the SUPER hard way.  I spent 3 hours at least on each class every day(for around every hour of class) reading the cases over at least twice and briefing it and answering/outline every note portion. in class i would highlight what part of my outlines/briefs the prof discussed in a diff color and then write down my class notes in that same color.  it made outlining super easy b/c it was all there in one document.

i made long ass outlines then outlined my outline. then made a checklist of that outlined-outline. and then did a million practice exams

im pretty bad though..dint start outlining till a lil before thanksgiving. im gonna try to do it earlier this time. and maybe use a few more study guides..

going for all As this semester!

dorsia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 06:44:07 PM »
This post has got to be a joke.