Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Done with exams!!  (Read 3423 times)

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Done with exams!!
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 06:12:56 PM »
Torts will probably be your highest and Criminal will be your lowest.

I finished exactly a week ago. Contracts and Property were pretty straight forward. Criminal was actually kinda fun....Torts was a bit tricky though...I had to section out a section of one claim on Res Ipsa..it worked with the other case though. I pray that my exams satisfy my prof's artisan tastes. I think I realistically got a

Criminal  A- (it was REALLY fun...did better than a lot on the exam)
Property  B+ (I wrote on about 60% of the issues I found.(and I REALLY DUG)..I did alright)
Torts     B- (I got a B and a C on the diagnostic papers, luckily I knew exacty why I got a C and hit all thouse points very hard)
Contracts B (slipped up a little, hit all the hard parts though)
Writing   B  (Got an A- in research, did about average in writing)

Hopefully, this will be enough to transfer to DU. My goal is just to break 3.0.

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 10:42:11 PM »
I know it is...I can still hope, right....and it would be good if Torts or Contracts are my highest. I really don't want to do Criminal Law. I really want to be a federal staff attorney for a federal department. The pay and hours are not great, but they are appropriate (40 hours a week starting at 55K, and maturing at 110K in 5 years)..also I am interested in the culture of the work space at federal offices. But I digress..

firant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2006, 12:25:56 PM »
I know it is...I can still hope, right....and it would be good if Torts or Contracts are my highest. I really don't want to do Criminal Law. I really want to be a federal staff attorney for a federal department. The pay and hours are not great, but they are appropriate (40 hours a week starting at 55K, and maturing at 110K in 5 years)..also I am interested in the culture of the work space at federal offices. But I digress..

I've never heard a suggestion that grades on first semester classes dictate your eventual choice of law. Am I just out of the loop on this one?

-F
GPA: 2.8.. LSAT: 173
Enrolled: University of Notre Dame

(GPA at graduation was 3.3)

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2006, 11:34:17 PM »
I got done on Friday (yes, you read that correctly...we had our last exam on 12/22)

I think I did OK, but am amused that the class I was so concerned about (Contracts) may have been the exam I did best at.  I felt really good about that one, even though the whole thing was about franchises.  (Our prof's specialty area)