Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Done with exams!!  (Read 3349 times)

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Done with exams!!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 12:27:48 AM »
I'm done also.

Time to start tackling a summer job, working for free no doubt.

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 02:13:41 AM »
First of all, the point of this thread was being done with exams, NOT the money. Second, it is you @$$ holes who decided to hijack the thread, who have the attitude problem.

Third, I am not cocky, just confident... and not necessarily because of grades, I have more going for me than just a Vanderbilt degree, and no, I don't mean "personality" or any other bull. I have more job options than just "law". Further, suppose you're right.. I am a dumb@$$... I go to a bad school and the best I could hope for from the bottom 10% of the class is a job making $30,000 - That still doesn't make me cocky, that just means I am using erroneous salary information. So stfu you chicago prick.

And lastly, all you 2Ls...this was a thread for 1L's who finished their first exams. So keep your job prospect info to yourselves.

LSD is getting as bad as xoxo.

Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 12:16:46 PM »
In an attempt to get this thread back on message...I finished my exams on Wednesday.  I really don't know how I feel.  I'm happy to be finished and on break.  I'm also more excited about Christmas than I have been in years.  I'm not quite sure why, I just am.  However, yesterday while taking a break from hanging the lights outside, I found myself reading my emanuel's contracts outline.  I think I really need help.

Anyway, I feel ok about Civ Pro, not so good about Torts and best about Property.  I have no idea how that translates into how I did, but I don't feel as though I fell below the curve on any of them.

Good Luck to those still taking exams and have a happy holiday season.

danboltonage22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 01:53:36 PM »
Congrats Stephon.  I finished this morning and am also five semesters away from a six figure job. 

firant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 02:24:40 AM »
I highly recommend waiting till you have, say, one grade before you determine that you'll even fall within the median.  I've always seen a high correlation between cockiness and mediocrity in law school. 

*&^%.. I'm DOOOMED!

Seriously though, first semester down - I'm thinking I did poorly. I hate waiting for grades. I figure if I can get a B or three I'll be happy. Either way my scholarship is gone. :/ Or else I'm just completely unsure of what my exam answers rate.. I hate waiting. Stupid people taking a week off to spend with their "families" don't they know I'm neurotically pressing reload on my grades page!?

-F
GPA: 2.8.. LSAT: 173
Enrolled: University of Notre Dame

(GPA at graduation was 3.3)

eatdrinkbemerry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 11:22:47 PM »
1L exams are a vision quest. the restatements, cases, and rules make up the forest. You seclude yourself in the forest for one month and take peyote (I guess metaphorically speaking it could be studying or the copious amounts of caffeine, nicotine, and stimulants) and you set forth on a vision quest; the tradition Native Americans practice before entering manhood. You hallucinate, find yourself, etc. and walk out of the forest something different than you entered.

*not sure if my view on vision quests is correct, I just like the 80's movie and am happy to be done.

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 12:08:32 AM »
finished yesterday. 7 more semesters before i hit a 6-figure debt load.
case '09

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 12:56:19 PM »
I finished exactly a week ago. Contracts and Property were pretty straight forward. Criminal was actually kinda fun....Torts was a bit tricky though...I had to section out a section of one claim on Res Ipsa..it worked with the other case though. I pray that my exams satisfy my prof's artisan tastes. I think I realistically got a

Criminal  A- (it was REALLY fun...did better than a lot on the exam)
Property  B+ (I wrote on about 60% of the issues I found.(and I REALLY DUG)..I did alright)
Torts     B- (I got a B and a C on the diagnostic papers, luckily I knew exacty why I got a C and hit all thouse points very hard)
Contracts B (slipped up a little, hit all the hard parts though)
Writing   B  (Got an A- in research, did about average in writing)

Hopefully, this will be enough to transfer to DU. My goal is just to break 3.0.

galex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 02:41:31 PM »
Finished today.  I have no idea how I did.

starter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 05:39:35 PM »
I finished exactly a week ago. Contracts and Property were pretty straight forward. Criminal was actually kinda fun....Torts was a bit tricky though...I had to section out a section of one claim on Res Ipsa..it worked with the other case though. I pray that my exams satisfy my prof's artisan tastes. I think I realistically got a

Criminal  A- (it was REALLY fun...did better than a lot on the exam)
Property  B+ (I wrote on about 60% of the issues I found.(and I REALLY DUG)..I did alright)
Torts     B- (I got a B and a C on the diagnostic papers, luckily I knew exacty why I got a C and hit all thouse points very hard)
Contracts B (slipped up a little, hit all the hard parts though)
Writing   B  (Got an A- in research, did about average in writing)

Hopefully, this will be enough to transfer to DU. My goal is just to break 3.0.

lol, you know this is a pointless exercise right?