Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do you all like Pitt?  (Read 24710 times)

john jacob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How do you all like Pitt?
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 08:55:26 PM »
I second mudcat's comments.

mudcat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 12:39:23 AM »
Is it still true that Pittsburgh has too many lawyers?  Absolutely.  Is is still true that major corporations are leaving Pittsburgh?  Well, Mellon just moved corporate to NY this past year, for starters...

The more important point for incoming students is that Pitt won't give you access to the firms that service these corporations.  K&L Gates, for example, has 20 summer associates this summer...only ONE goes to Pitt. ONE. 

I'm taking the bar in two weeks.  I can't tell you how many of my friends are still unemployed.

rayhigh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »
Is it still true that Pittsburgh has too many lawyers?  Absolutely.  Is is still true that major corporations are leaving Pittsburgh?  Well, Mellon just moved corporate to NY this past year, for starters...

The more important point for incoming students is that Pitt won't give you access to the firms that service these corporations.  K&L Gates, for example, has 20 summer associates this summer...only ONE goes to Pitt. ONE. 

I'm taking the bar in two weeks.  I can't tell you how many of my friends are still unemployed.

Yeah, I hear you.  The problem with Pitt Law is that the job placement office completely sucks.  I wish they'd fire those bitches and get in some competent staff.

blackstallion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 04:39:38 PM »
If you are a minority- I suggest not coming to Pittsburgh. There are few, if any, in professional positions.