Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post your comments about finals...rants, venting, joy, cursing the curve...  (Read 6527 times)

Mozart711

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Post your comments about finals...rants, venting, joy, cursing the curve...
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2006, 10:59:17 PM »
My civ pro prof did the same thing. Some questions were even limited to three lines

Just finished torts, and there's only one more to go (Thank God).

But we had a stupid character limit on the torts final which was SOOO annoying. I can't tell if my limited answeres were pure genius, or blatantly asking for more analysis.  Whatever.

My Torts exam is tomorrow. In some of the profs past exams (most recent ones) he limited answers to 6 SENTENCES!!!!! No, I'm not kidding. WTF can I say in 6 sentences........ GRRRRR..... hate lazy profs

ajstyles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2006, 11:01:56 PM »
Just finished torts, and there's only one more to go (Thank God).

But we had a stupid character limit on the torts final which was SOOO annoying. I can't tell if my limited answeres were pure genius, or blatantly asking for more analysis.  Whatever.

My Torts exam is tomorrow. In some of the profs past exams (most recent ones) he limited answers to 6 SENTENCES!!!!! No, I'm not kidding. WTF can I say in 6 sentences........ GRRRRR..... hate lazy profs

Yeah I hear ya...like I said ours was 1000 characters per question...and that included the freakin' spaces! We're all in the same boat...lazy profs.

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2006, 02:23:45 AM »
i feel like i nailed my civ pro exam. should have had a perfect score. However on the first essay question i performed a muscle center nerve center test on a fact pattern then on the second unrelated essay i nailed the first two issues then on the venue question disregarded a rule  because I had already shown that it didnt because of the analysis in my first essay. I hope my teacher realizes that i just forgot and accidentally ran the two problems together for that part of my analysis. how much do u all think it will hurt me.
Attending: OU

legapp

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2006, 03:08:09 AM »
Before I saw this thread, I posted this on the other side:

So I had my first test today, which for whatever reason the school decided should be Civ Pro (way to make the hardest one first...).  I wrote a lot, and I know I got SOME stuff.... but all I can keep thinking about is the stuff I missed.  I know for certain I misidentified one issue (I called defensive nonmutual collateral estoppel OFFENSIVE, grrr); it hit me like two hours after the test.  I should have thrown in more about joinder, fur sure, even though not immediately relevant... that was a secondary issue.  How can I stop thinking about this??

Oh, did I mention, our prof gave us 90 min. to analyze a 3pg., single-spaced fact pattern? And said he gave no credit unless everything was in full sentences with some analysis?  Lose-lose sitch. 

And, very weird fact patterns: no 1332 smj, no venue, no Erie except for the Hanna test for FRCP... wtf? 

God, I wish we could get immediate feedback on these things.

ajstyles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2006, 03:39:46 AM »

And, very weird fact patterns: no 1332 smj, no venue, no Erie except for the Hanna test for FRCP... wtf? 

Wow...that's one weird a$$ way to test Civ Pro.  No SMJ? No Erie? That's the conerstone of modern of Civ Pro!

ajstyles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2006, 03:41:00 AM »
Funny you posted this now...I have my Civ Pro exam in a few hours...and as I've said it's my worst exam in terms of preparation...too much time spent on the first three.  Anyways, any advice or tips?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2006, 07:00:12 AM »
Before I saw this thread, I posted this on the other side:

So I had my first test today, which for whatever reason the school decided should be Civ Pro (way to make the hardest one first...).  I wrote a lot, and I know I got SOME stuff.... but all I can keep thinking about is the stuff I missed.  I know for certain I misidentified one issue (I called defensive nonmutual collateral estoppel OFFENSIVE, grrr); it hit me like two hours after the test.  I should have thrown in more about joinder, fur sure, even though not immediately relevant... that was a secondary issue.  How can I stop thinking about this??

Oh, did I mention, our prof gave us 90 min. to analyze a 3pg., single-spaced fact pattern? And said he gave no credit unless everything was in full sentences with some analysis?  Lose-lose sitch. 

Don't worry about the secondary stuff.  If you mentioned it, you probably got the ONE or TWO points your prof allocated  to it.  Most allocated very minor points to mentioning secondary or side issues.

How to stop thinking about it?  Just take a deep breath, realize more people screwed up more stuff than you did most likely, have a drink, and then start studying for your next one!

Good luck!

legapp

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2006, 09:20:20 AM »
Funny you posted this now...I have my Civ Pro exam in a few hours...and as I've said it's my worst exam in terms of preparation...too much time spent on the first three.  Anyways, any advice or tips?

1.  If you get to use your FRCP, use them!  (and obviously, if you can bring in an outline, make a quickie checklist--we couldn't bring in anything but the casebook and the rules)
2. This goes for everyone who has Civ Pro coming up.  Go here: https://www.law.upenn.edu/groups/salsa/academics.html.  Under Civ Pro, download the first "civ pro charts."  It's gooooood.  (wish I coulda brought that with me!  :-\)

ajstyles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2006, 03:14:17 PM »
I'M DONE! MY GOD THIS FEELS GOOD!

I'm going to sleep, go see friends I haven't seen in what feels like ages, watch pretty much the entire series of 24 up 'till season 6, and maybe even go out and get me an xbox 360 (even though I'm not really a gamer...I've heard it's sweet).

Hope everyone else gets done soon...we all need to just relax!!!

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2006, 05:54:29 PM »
LAST final in 40 min

this is by far the worst part - that time right before the test ...

taking the actual test isn't all that bad. you're much too busy thinking, planning, etc. to notice how bad the process actually sucks. it just this moment - the calm before the storm... the quiet! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)