Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Am I doomed if I am starting outlining today?  (Read 1872 times)

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Am I doomed if I am starting outlining today?
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:25:15 PM »
I had the flu for 2 weeks and then took the past 2 to get caught up on what I missed.  As a result, I am just starting outlining today.  Classes end next week and my first final is 12/12.  Am I totally screwed?  Any advice?

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Am I doomed if I am starting outlining today?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:36:46 PM »
Wow.  I would reccomend getting crunch time supplements.  They are very helpful.  Get case summaries also, so you can learn the main points from the cases that you have missed.  Best of luck

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:09:57 PM »
nah that's plenty of time.. you'll be fine.. [the time for any further procrastination, however, is at an end]

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 01:25:39 AM »
You are fine.  You can do an outline in 2 days if you work hard at it and utilize others out there to incorporate into your own. 

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 01:32:34 AM »
I had the flu for 2 weeks and then took the past 2 to get caught up on what I missed.  As a result, I am just starting outlining today.  Classes end next week and my first final is 12/12.  Am I totally screwed?  Any advice?

Come on.

Focus really hard, start today, don't F around, you are absolutely fine.  Stop panicking, though, it's time to buckle down.
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 11:30:48 AM »
I started outlining a couple days ago and I've finished Contracts, just 3 more to do and 2 weeks to do 'em. It's no biggie.

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 05:10:35 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I think I just needed some reassurance.  I appreciate the pep talk.  I am already half way done with Contracts, and its going well.

pac_man

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 01:30:39 AM »
I say don't even bother outlining.  Find as many old test as you can with sample answers and work through them all. 

P.S.  If anybody has any links for finals WITH the sample answers provided by the professor, please feel free to post a link. 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 07:25:20 AM »
I say don't even bother outlining.  Find as many old test as you can with sample answers and work through them all. 

If you're a 1L, please refrain from giving bad advice until you have some actual experience to back it up.

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 08:44:09 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I think I just needed some reassurance.  I appreciate the pep talk.  I am already half way done with Contracts, and its going well.

Keep up the good work!!
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.