Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2L in serious need of motivation for...  (Read 1130 times)

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
2L in serious need of motivation for...
« on: November 25, 2006, 05:33:48 PM »
..finals!

someone please tell me something inspirational, im dragging ass here (i.e. i need a braveheart speech!) ;)

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2L in serious need of motivation for...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 06:20:21 PM »
In 3 weeks, you'll be at home relaxing!!

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 06:44:17 PM »
..finals!

someone please tell me something inspirational, im dragging ass here (i.e. i need a braveheart speech!) ;)

this is effectively the last sprint of the race that is law school.  After this semester, if you don't already, you will likely have a job for the summer and after school.  These grades (if you don't have a job yet) will be the most important of your career.  These grades from this semester will be included on all your Spring resumes that you will be sending out.  After this, you're halfway done as far as time and way past halfway done as far as effort in law school.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 08:28:03 PM »
ahah i'm all set on teh job front for the summer

(the effort is appreciated though ;))

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 08:32:29 PM »
..finals!

I'm having the same problem. My job is set for next summer. (and probably forever afterwards too) So it's a little hard to get motivated. I guess the only motivation for me (and the OP) is that you need to get your GPA to where you can graduate with high honors and Order of the Coif. Other than that though, it's a little hard to focus. (Especially with all the good football on TV)

lalala

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 11:10:16 PM »
The way I try to think of it is that in the off chance that you don't get an offer from your summer employment, good grades would look far nicer on your 3L resume.

Additionally, if you want to do a clerkship or something for a year before heading to a firm, good grades would be useful for that.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 05:46:03 PM »
The way I try to think of it is that in the off chance that you don't get an offer from your summer employment, good grades would look far nicer on your 3L resume.

This is the thing I keep telling myself...it's the last motivation I have left, and to be honest, it's not very convincing right now!

Back to procrastinating...