Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Environmental / Energy Law Job  (Read 2015 times)

BrandonTexas

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Environmental / Energy Law Job
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:36:04 PM »
Hey everyone,

This is a vague question because I cannot find much information out there.  Has anyone heard of a job opportunity with a renewable energy company?  I have always been very interested in wind/solar/nuclear (non-renewable I know) companies, and I have been thinking of working in the field.  If you do know of a company or an agency that deals with renewable energy, do they hire 1L's, and what type of work?

Thanks!

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Environmental / Energy Law Job
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 01:13:52 PM »
If you're in the capital of your state, there would likely be a state Dept of Environ Protection that might deal with this, or in the alternative you could try to find a law firm that specializes in Environmental Law (check www.martindale.com). 

This would be much, much harder (if not impossible) but the Federal EPA or NRDC (natural resources defense counsel).  As far a working with a renewable energy company, that sounds like you're talking about corporate counsel which is very tough to get as a 3L, let alone 1L.

Good luck

shao2007

• View Profile
Re: Environmental / Energy Law Job
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:25:26 PM »
Go to the DEP website it is very helpful and a lot of jobs are available in specific areas. I wish I knew about just checking them out last year