Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Guide for women choosing a firm  (Read 3833 times)

jenniferlaw

• View Profile
Guide for women choosing a firm
« on: November 18, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »
Hey all,
   I wanted to share some info about a law firm guide called Presumed Equal that I stumbled across - it's like Vault, ranking firms and using quotes from attorneys, but it's geared toward women.  It asks questions about part-time, advancement prospects for women, mentoring, firm leadership, etc.  It's a huge book and includes over a 100 firms, but I found it really helpful in learning more about each firm in which I'm interested on these topics.  Has anyone else seen it?  It was written by two Harvard Law students and is available at www.presumedequal.com.  Happy choosing!
~ Jen

yale05

• View Profile
Re: Guide for women choosing a firm
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 01:14:11 PM »
Diversity & the Bar magazine’s 2007 Leading Law Firms for Women Equity Partners

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 07:43:30 PM »
Yes, I am sure we should all run out and read a book about law careers for women that was written by two students who have been practicing law for all of one year... Surely they have all of the answers about the ins and outs of the profession in their 365 days of practice.
Vanderbilt 2010

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 09:23:37 PM »
Yes, I am sure we should all run out and read a book about law careers for women that was written by two students who have been practicing law for all of one year... Surely they have all of the answers about the ins and outs of the profession in their 365 days of practice.

"Lindsay Blohm is a 2003 graduate from Georgetown University and a 2006 graduate of Harvard Law School, where she was president of the Women’s Law Association, served on the Executive Board of the Journal of Law and Gender, as a Peer Advisor for the Office of Career Services, and as the captain the Harvard Law School Women’s Crew team.

Ashley Riveira is a 2001 graduate from Pacific Union College and a 2006 graduate of Harvard Law School.  Prior to attending law school, Ashley worked as the Immigration Caseworker for Congressman Mike Thompson (D-CA).  While in law school, Ashley served as the Director of the Professional Development Committee for the Women’s Law Association and as an Executive Editor for the Journal of Law and Gender. "

I think i sorta agree with juliemccoy here... well the substance of what she said not really the tone  :D
testing testing 1 2 3