Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best outline or supplements for Farnsworth 6th Edition?  (Read 917 times)

LSD User

• View Profile
Best outline or supplements for Farnsworth 6th Edition?
« on: November 03, 2006, 02:14:07 PM »
For those who use the Farnsworth 6th Edition for K, what commercial outlines have you used?  I'm looking at the Emanuel, but it doesn't seem that good for my casebook.

I do like the hornbook by Farnsworth, but would still like a good outline.

llavoy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best outline or supplements for Farnsworth 6th Edition?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 07:49:27 PM »
good question. I've also got the farnsworth casebook and hornbook. I like the hornbook but it goes WAY too much in depth for my needs on a lot of topic. I havn't found any great outlines either for it. I had sort of hoped to rely on my own outline and the online lexis ones, but if anyody has found anything better I'd appreciate the tip as well.

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 12:04:39 AM »
I use legalines keyed to Farnsworth

His Hornbook kicks ass and I'm convinced it got me my A on the midterm.

Our Prof. preps for teaching class with it.

LSD User

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 02:33:25 AM »
Try "High Court Case Summaries."

Interesting.  I have both the legalines and the high court case summaries for farnsworth.  The actual outlines seem rather short compared to Emanuel.  Do you think they cover enough?

LSD User

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 06:38:28 AM »
Try "High Court Case Summaries."

Interesting.  I have both the legalines and the high court case summaries for farnsworth.  The actual outlines seem rather short compared to Emanuel.  Do you think they cover enough?

They're perfect for my needs. I don't use them as a substitute for any class reading - just to clarify the material and focus my case reading. They serve the same purpose for me as the BarBri 1L outlines do relative to Gilbert's - the same fellows write both outlines but the BarBri material is distilled and serves my purpose best.

For what it's worth...

Thanks for that info.

I also bought the Hillman hornbook.  For those who find the Farnsworth hornbook to be too comprehensive, anybody have an opinion on the Hillman hornbook?  Additionally, I wonder how Hillman compares to Chirelstein.