Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Job related question for evening students  (Read 602 times)

evergreatful

• View Profile
Job related question for evening students
« on: October 27, 2006, 09:12:34 AM »
Are there any evening students, or students who were evening as 1L's, that didn't work their first year but were able to get a halfway decent job the summer after their first year? I'm an evening student hoping to go days next year...but I'm not working and I'm already worried about getting a summer job. Thanks for any help.

MeadNJ

• View Profile
Re: Job related question for evening students
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 11:39:54 AM »
I am in the same boat as you.  Lets hope that you get some good responses to this post.

Are there any evening students, or students who were evening as 1L's, that didn't work their first year but were able to get a halfway decent job the summer after their first year? I'm an evening student hoping to go days next year...but I'm not working and I'm already worried about getting a summer job. Thanks for any help.

jsh26

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 02:38:05 PM »
I'm an evening student with a full-time day job and a severe sleep defecit. If you don't have a job, why go part time?

4Lwonder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 10:12:43 PM »
I'm an evening student with a full-time day job and a severe sleep defecit. If you don't have a job, why go part time?

I know. Shocking isn't it? When I started my first year, I assumed everyone in my night class was in the same boat--working full time. I was very surprised to learn that some people were only working full time, and a few weren't working at all!