Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Supplement Advice  (Read 1546 times)

VitaminE

• View Profile
Supplement Advice
« on: October 25, 2006, 06:10:14 PM »
I have cracked! I thought I was going to go at this whole law school thing supplement free, but panic has set in. I have already determined what will work best for Property (Gilberts) & Torts (no supplement).

I am unsure about CivPro & Contracts. I have the oldest Contracts prof at my school, and he prides himself on failing students (I go to a T4). He also says that we should not by any means ever use commercial outlines or study aids. I already have the Chirtelstein book. Our text is Crandall & Whaley. Does anyone have study aid advice for Contracts? (Which one to use?) I would ask one of my fellow students, but they're in the same position as me - having no idea what works for Contracts.

As for CivPro, I've heard that Glannon is God. Any nay-sayers out there?

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

JohnnyAwesome

Re: Supplement Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 07:22:18 PM »
glannons will help in understanding the concepts but won't do a good job if your prof is big on applying the rules so you have to see what kind of prof you had. my civ pro prof said he would recomend glannons if he had to pick one, but if that's what you rely on for his class instead of your own outline don't expect to do well.

VitaminE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 07:35:31 PM »
My CivPro prof is definitely a rules guy. He gives rules exercise worksheets to do all the time. But the applications of some of the rules (ex/ what is within scope of discovery and what is not) is what worries me the most, because it seems so unpredictable. Oh well, we have a practice exam, so maybe that will give me some insight. Thank you :)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 11:33:41 PM »
I liked the CivPro E&E.

For all my classes, I used the Seigel's books for exam prep.  Lots of essay questions w/ sample answers, and a good number of multiple choice questions.