Law School Discussion

The Paper Chase.

The Paper Chase.
« on: October 14, 2006, 08:17:06 PM »
Anyone feel like it's accurate, or, at least, still entertaining?

I still enjoy the movie.  The opening scene is spot-on, getting caught unprepared on the first day. 

And my K prof was ruthless like Kingsfield, so there's a special place for this film with me.

Re: The Paper Chase.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 09:01:41 PM »
none of my classes are like that and if they were i would be at the registrars asking for a refund plus interest. curves and rankings make law school stressful enough, professors like that do not exist and if they do they need to be contained and exterminated.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 09:29:01 PM »
I will refer the necessary information to your containment and extermination service.

My prof excoriated the girl next to me for not speaking loud enough.  She walked all the way to the other end of the hall and yelled at the student to repeat herself, only louder, about 8 times.  Over and over again.  It was brutal.

There definitely comes a point of diminishing returns for that "teaching by terrorizing" method.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 05:56:59 AM »
I still love that movie, but there's not much in it that is anything like my LS experience.

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 07:09:50 AM »
My prof excoriated the girl next to me for not speaking loud enough.  She walked all the way to the other end of the hall and yelled at the student to repeat herself, only louder, about 8 times.  Over and over again.  It was brutal.

I wish my professors would do that.  The delicate flowers in my class couldn't talk over a fly fart.  Some of the guys are just as bad.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 04:57:06 PM »
I still love that movie, but there's not much in it that is anything like my LS experience.

+1, although i did know some people with similarly huge outlines.

Budlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 08:35:10 PM »

+1, although i did know some people with similarly huge outlines.

I'm considering publishing mine.

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 03:29:43 PM »
I'm considering publishing mine.

You're nothing but a pimp.

Strong

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 06:36:26 AM »
We just did Carbollic Smoke Ball which reminded me that Kingsfield was a sonovabitch.