Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Outlining & Note-Taking Software?  (Read 2721 times)

gt_ee

• View Profile
Best Outlining & Note-Taking Software?
« on: October 14, 2006, 12:34:33 PM »
In the process of compiling my notes into outlines, and Word just isn't the most efficient software.  From reading some other posts, I see that some people recommend "StoreLaw" and some people like "Juristudents".  The posts I read discussing this are from back in 2004, so I'd like a fresh, more current view of what works for today's law students.  Feedback is much appreciated.
Attending: GA State
Accepted: Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mercer, Samford, FSU, Tennesse
Denied: GMU, UGA, Alabama

JD07

• View Profile
Re: Best Outlining & Note-Taking Software?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 01:37:09 PM »
Have you thought about Microsoft OneNote?  You can download a trial version from mircrosoft's website. I think it's great for law school.

AlFitz614

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 12:57:15 PM »
I also like OneNote. It's so much easier then having a million word documents with all your notes and then trying to get those together. With OneNote everything is in the same place.

ptlaw

• AOL Instant Messenger - KB4GYC
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 03:36:35 PM »
I use StoreLaw's Outliner. For me, it made outlining my courses a breeze. I export my Outliner report to my word processing program and put the finishing touches on my outline there. If I remember correctly, the default WP program is Word, but I have my Outliner set to Word Perfect.

PTLaw  8)
NSL is cool!

Maybe the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about.

eatdrinkbemerry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:42:23 PM »
I would use storelaw if possible because i"ve heard great things,  but it does not work with mac's. For the mac law students, I loveomni outliner. It has a great search function and is pretty darm sweet. There is always good graphing program by omni to make graphical reps of cases and what not.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »
someone please describe Onenote.  I used the old fashioned pen and paper for 1L and I'm thinking of switching exclusively to laptop.  Is it worth $100.  Please tell me what's so good about it.

JD07

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 11:19:57 PM »
someone please describe Onenote.  I used the old fashioned pen and paper for 1L and I'm thinking of switching exclusively to laptop.  Is it worth $100.  Please tell me what's so good about it.
see if you can get a student deal through your school. I got mine for $30 and it was worth it. 

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 11:35:13 PM »
see if you can get a student deal through your school. I got mine for $30 and it was worth it. 

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 11:43:16 AM »
I use one note.  You should check out www.aspenlaw.com  There is a free trial of a great note taking program.  I suggest that you check it out.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 04:10:51 PM »

you can go to the microsoft website and look for yourself.  They have demos, and you can download a free trial.