Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Racism Hurts  (Read 22186 times)

friedman

• View Profile
Re: Racism Hurts
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 10:03:40 PM »

All I can say to this lady is, watch out! I'm an attorney and have so much to lose. But sooner or later, you are going to make a similar comment to a guy who is at your level (i.e. has nothing to lose) and he will not walk away from the scene. I guarantee it!

You're just a faggot who can't stand up for yourself but make up excuses!

mandrake

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 10:20:37 PM »
Looks like he was sexually rejected by the blonde and felt really really bad about it.

earthlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 01:04:59 AM »
Well look on the bright side if you get pulled over in your fancy schmancy car and the cops do something wrong you are a step ahead of the game, because you are an attorney (Welcome to being Black in America). I hope you didn't think because you use proper English, live in a gated communnity, with a nice car, well paying job, and a graduate degree that you were somehow excused? (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)Think again. Some people will still view you the same way they view some guy who sits on the corner and drinks 40's all day and breaks in cars at night all because you have the same skin color, there will be alot of women that will dart the other way or grab their purse because they think oh this guy is going to attack me (eventhough its the middle of the day in a business district, you have on a suit, and are carrying a briefcase, how threatening). Oprah has more money than you do and they called the cops on her. Attorneys get paid daily because racism does indeed exist. (DESPITE WHAT SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO DONT EXPERIENCE IT MAY THINK). I live in the south I could give countless stories, but there is not enough space on this box to write them all . My husbands uncle got pulled over a few times when he was an attorney, ever since he became a Judge it's amazing how that all came to a screeching halt. And this business about you losing confidence over some Broad you knew in a bar for a few minutes?? Man you have some deep-rooted insecurities if you let her break you that easy. Look my Dad is kida old. When he grew up they had the colered water fountains , separate schools, and yadda yadda yadda. My dad always taught me not to abandon who I am (no matter how much education and or money I have I am still black) and to always work very hard to strive for excellence. Because between the media, narrow mindsets, and statistics many have extremely low expectations for you. And once you cross all of the T's and dot all of the I's you have to have thick skin becaue you still have to coexist in midst of all of this foolishness. In a perfect world we are ALL EQUEAL. But this is America we al larent treated as such. When race kept Thurgood Marshall out of U of MD, he went to Howard, now  U MD wants to name buildings after him, if he had given up things may have been different today, who knows. Oh and by the way (reality check) don't assume that in 100% of the cases just because you have a couple of lettters behind your name that you are always intellectually superior to someone else. There are members of Mensa that have GED's and there are people that live under bridges that are way smarter than you. Ill never forget it I was at school and this janitor overheard me talking about my pre-calc homework this older black man put down his mop and helped me with my work (you never know)

WHITE POWER
(HAHA) (I watch too much Dave Chapppele)
Just Kidding

Take Care
Bree

damnn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 04:56:47 AM »
There are three cops that come to this bar everyday after work. Cop 1 and Cop 2 are veterans and Cop 3 is a rookie. One day Cop 1 comes into the bar very happy, buying drinks, giving drinks, spending money. Cop 2 and 3 ask, "Why are you so happy, won the lottery?". Cop 1 replies, "I was having sex with my wife, missionary style, and when I was about to cum I shot my gun off and her female private part got so tight... man i had the best orgasm of my life". Cops 2 and 3 laughed about it. The next day Cop 2 comes into the bar. He is all happy and jolly, bying drinks and having a great mood. Cop 1 and 3 ask, "What happened why are you so happy?" Cop 2 replies, "I tried your advice. I was having sex with my wife, doggy style, when i was about to cum, I shot my gun and just like you said it would her pusssy got tight as hell and had the best orgasm of my life". The next day Cop 3 comes into the bar. He is very mad pushing people, kicking chairs and the other two veteran officers ask, "What happened?". Cop 3 says, "I took your advice. I was 69 my wife and when I was about to come i shot off my gun and the female dog almost bit my male private part off and shitted in my face".

scaru

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 05:36:49 AM »
...a group of soldiers in 1968 went into a village. They had been in Vietnam for 3 months and lost about 10% of their people -- maybe 10 or 15 -- to accidents, killings and bombings. There were 550 women, children and old men in the village and they executed them all. It took a day. They stopped in the middle and they had lunch. The and Hispanic soldiers -- about 40 of them, there were about 90 men in the unit -- shot into the air. They wouldn't shoot at the villagers in the ditch. The soldiers collected people in three ditches and just began to shoot them. The blacks and Hispanics shot up in the air, but the mostly white, lower middle class soldiers -- the kids who join the Army Reserve today and National Guard looking for extra dollars -- those kind of kids did the killing. One of them was a man named Paul Medlow, who did an awful lot of shooting. The next day, there was a moment that everybody remembered afterward. One of the mothers at the bottom of a ditch had taken a child -- a boy, about two -- and got him under her stomach in such a way that he wasn't killed. When they were sitting having the K rations, the kid somehow crawled up through the bodies and began screaming. And Calley, the famous Lieutenant Calley, the Lynndie England of that tragedy, told Medlow: Kill him. "Plug him," he said. And Medlow somehow, who had done an awful lot as I say -- 200 bullets -- couldn't do it. So Calley ran up as everybody watched, with his carbine. Calley had a smaller weapon, a rifle, and shot the kid in the back of the head. The next morning, Medlow stepped on a mine and he had his foot blown off. He was being medevaced out. As he was being medevaced out, he cursed and everybody remembered one of the chilling lines he said. "God has punished me, and he's going to punish you, too"

From a speech made by Seymour Hersh at the Stephen Wise Free Synagogue in New York.

WKRUSE

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 07:03:50 AM »
What exactly was the point of the last post?  My Lai happened forty years ago.

WKRUSE

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 07:19:23 AM »
UMKC has a great page about the my lai killings http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mylai/Myl_intro.html
I did find it ironic that there was no mention of minority soldiers abstaining from the killings in the actual reports or the fact that if they felt so bad about it, why it took a recon soldier who later learned of the event to bring it to the public's attention.  Needless to say, I don't exactly believe Seymour Hersh's new version of events.  Why didn't he say these things in 1968, when he first wrote about them?  Just be careful not to believe everything you read.

ellaine

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 04:13:39 AM »

The and Hispanic soldiers -- about 40 of them, there were about 90 men in the unit -- shot into the air. They wouldn't shoot at the villagers in the ditch. The soldiers collected people in three ditches and just began to shoot them. The blacks and Hispanics shot up in the air, but the mostly white, lower middle class soldiers -- the kids who join the Army Reserve today and National Guard looking for extra dollars -- those kind of kids did the killing.

Are you somewhat suggesting by means of this analogy that the dark-skinned young lawyer won't be doing white man's work the way he's supposed to?

main

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2006, 10:12:04 PM »

I would guess you're behaving like a lawyer with a sense of entitlement behaves ... you know, nobody likes arrogant people who think they can do whatever they want just because they drive a fancy car ... or because they happen to be lawyers, for that matter ... the blond lady simply could not swallow down that the person in front of her behaving like that was someone with dark skin; she could have probably kept her mouth shut had you been white, but she just could not understand how someone like you, who according to conventional wisdom is supposed to feel inferior, could act the way you were acting. So I agree with the previous poster, both of you were being discriminatory and divisive.

aquaductus, you obviously hate lawyers! I'm sorry but how do you know that the guy was behaving like a "lawyer with a sense of entitlement" behaves? What does that mean in the first place? How do you know that the guy of the story was not behaving like a learned person of good manners behaves?! And that the blonde was not a person of a lower class, thus being pretty sure she would be rejected by the guy?! How can you be so sure to conclude that it was the guy's fault that made the blond woman react the way she did?! May it not be that it was her that, having no better way to compensate for her inadequacy and inferiority, used the race card to frustrate the guy and make it appear that she was the winner?!

dpor

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2006, 09:51:13 PM »

The and Hispanic soldiers -- about 40 of them, there were about 90 men in the unit -- shot into the air. They wouldn't shoot at the villagers in the ditch. The soldiers collected people in three ditches and just began to shoot them. The blacks and Hispanics shot up in the air, but the mostly white, lower middle class soldiers -- the kids who join the Army Reserve today and National Guard looking for extra dollars -- those kind of kids did the killing.

Are you somewhat suggesting by means of this analogy that the dark-skinned young lawyer won't be doing white man's work the way he's supposed to?

I don't see how one would equate killing people with the tasks a lawyer performs ... unless the latter go into politics and become officials giving orders when, where and whom to kill! Otherwise, it's just inconceivable that a minority lawyer would hesitate to complete properly the "white man"'s work!