Law School Discussion

Presidential Hopeful ...

Re: Presidential Hopeful ...
« Reply #240 on: July 14, 2008, 04:44:25 PM »

:)
« Reply #241 on: July 14, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »

U.S. Sen. Barack Obama's scheduled visit to Charlotte for a campaign stop this afternoon was postponed after the plane carrying the Democratic Party presidential candidate experienced mechanical problems. Instead, the Illinois Senator and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee spoke by telephone to a crowd gathered at James Martin Middle School in Charlotte's University City area. "I'm heartbroken that I won't get to see you today," Obama said by phone to the crowd of about 150 people gathered in the media center at Martin Middle School. "But I will get back to Charlotte." Charlotte was to have been the first stop in a four-state trip to discuss the troubled U.S. economy. In his 10-minute-long remarks to the group at Martin Middle School, Obama said he picked Charlotte as the starting point because it is an example of an area that has experienced strong economic growth "but is now experiencing tough economic times."

Barack Obama sets up internet 'war room' to fight slurs
« Reply #242 on: July 15, 2008, 03:22:25 PM »

« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2008, 07:58:01 AM »
Weird webpage this one of TimesOnline..

A/C

« Reply #244 on: July 17, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »
Wow - extensive thread!

« Reply #245 on: July 18, 2008, 04:55:03 AM »
True, it may be an extensive thread, but you know what it makes you think? Well, take a look at this moment's CNN web page -

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2697/77921671gr2.jpg

Read each and every title and try to establish a connection between that story and this thread's topic -- or any other thread's topic, for that matter -- I'm sure you will come up with something. That's how the responses appear to be related to one another in here -- just my impression, yanno! :)

« Reply #246 on: July 18, 2008, 05:10:03 AM »
President Bush is a Total Failure

« Reply #247 on: July 18, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
True, it may be an extensive thread, but you know what it makes you think? Well, take a look at this moment's CNN web page -

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2697/77921671gr2.jpg

Read each and every title and try to establish a connection between that story and this thread's topic -- or any other thread's topic, for that matter -- I'm sure you will come up with something. That's how the responses appear to be related to one another in here -- just my impression, yanno! :)

I don't quite get it... What exactly do you mean?

QIR

Re: Rove ignores committee's subpoena, refuses to testify
« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »

He's been busy with McCain whose aides criticized Obama for talking about using the criminal justice system to prosecute terrorists. "Senator Obama is a perfect manifestation a September 10th mind-set ... He does not understand the nature of the enemies we face," McCain national security director Randy Scheunemann told reporters on a conference call. Former CIA director James Woolsey, who is advising the McCain campaign, concurred, saying Obama has "an extremely dangerous and extremely naive approach toward terrorism ... and toward dealing with prisoners captured overseas who have been engaged in terrorist attacks against the United States." The Obama campaign countered with its own conference call in which Democrat Sen. John Kerry, and Richard Clarke, a counterterrorism official in Republican and Democratic administrations, argued the McCain campaign was emulating Rove.

Somebody please tell me why this guy is not funny

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/07/10/rove080709.pdf

??

« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »
I think the State Department should order its embassies to limit the help they give visiting Obama/McCain so as to avoid violating U.S. laws. U.S. diplomats should not set up meetings for the candidates, arranging receptions or public events or use official funds and resources, beyond a de minimis level, to support a political trip. The embassies conceivably could assist the candidates' Secret Service protective details and provide "de minimis" help on logistical matters, for example giving the trip organizers information on how to make local travel arrangements. Under U.S. law, there are restrictions on the partisan political activities of federal employees to prevent government workers from exerting undue influence on elections. McCain visited Iraq in mid-March, his 8th trip to the country since the March 2003 U.S.-led invasion to topple former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. Obama, an Illinois Democrat who has made his opposition to the invasion the centerpiece of his campaign, is making the foreign trip in part to bolster his foreign policy credentials. He is also expected to visit Jordan, Israel, Britain, France and Germany.