Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Presidential Hopeful ...  (Read 48555 times)

pruritis

• View Profile
Re: Presidential Hopeful My @ # ! * i n g Ass ..
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 07:34:19 PM »

From what I've heard, Obama is a hard-core liberal, albeit a very pleasant and politically savvy one. They also say that unimpeachable ~ahem~ DC political sources confirm that he's secretly gay (NTTAWWI), but that could just be evil Republican propaganda.

I don't think it's true; I mean if you do a simple Google search you'll notice there are just 3 sites rumoring Barack to be gay. Do the same thing for Karl Rove and you'll see there are hundreds of webpages confirming he's gay.
When I dance they call me macarena
and the boys they say that I'm buena
they all want me, they can't have me
So they all come and dance beside me
move with me jam with me
and if your good i take you home with me

captain jack

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 09:03:58 PM »

I don't think it's true; I mean if you do a simple Google search you'll notice there are just 3 sites rumoring Barack to be gay. Do the same thing for Karl Rove and you'll see there are hundreds of webpages confirming he's gay.

How do you conduct the google search .. you just type "obama is gay"? that way you get 3 sites.

gabryponte

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 09:10:29 PM »

How do you conduct the google search .. you just type "obama is gay"? that way you get 3 sites.

I guess that's how they did it. However, the search sentence is conclusory; the searcher should have googled instead "is obama gay"
When nobody cares you have a good heart, you throw it away and strike a deal with Satan.

timetorock

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »

I guess that's how they did it. However, the search sentence is conclusory; the searcher should have googled instead "is obama gay"

hahaha, your funny!

courselines

• View Profile
    • CourseLines.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 12:23:57 AM »
I got a fantasy candidate poll at courselines.com that has barak obama just behind Colin Powell
Download free outlines at http://www.courselines.com

kipeet

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 05:22:41 AM »
i bet obama has a 2 inches penis ..
Just 1 (one) inch short ..

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 11:21:30 PM »
I don't like Barack Obama either. But, I have to acknowledge that he has a huge following in Democratic circles all over the nation. He could shock the pundits and win the Democratic nomination in 2008. And, given his ability to win votes well outside his main constituency, I would say one would be foolsih to under-estimate him in the general election. He's a commanding public speaker and comes across with authority.

It's a little unfair because he won his Senate seat in 2004 in essentially a non-election. His opponent was a raving joke. Republicans made no effort to challenge him, and Obama got a free ride without any scrutiny regarding his positions on critical issues. If Republicans do have to face him in the 2008 Presidential race they better have a devised strategy for how to run against him, whether it's focusing on his voting record, his lack of a long resume, or his parochial position as a U.S. senator from a very liberal state.

cleverhans

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 05:19:46 AM »
Obama is a whore. He's Lieberman's boy. This is the DLC and media looking for anyone but a winner.

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 08:04:56 AM »
Clearly what all of the stressed-out law students on this board (myself included?) will take this important lesson away from this post:

He left Chicago for three years to study law at Harvard University, where he was elected the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. He graduated magna cum laude.

You just gotta be EIC on the Law Review if you wanna run for President ;)
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

doremi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 02:32:04 AM »
Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man. Except the highs hadn't been about me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then, anyway. I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory. I had discovered that it didn't make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate's sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you'd met down at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl. You might just be bored, or alone. Everybody was welcome into the club of disaffection. And if the high didn't solve whatever it was that was getting you down, it could at least help you laugh at the world's ongoing folly and see through all the hypocrisy and bull and cheap moralism.

"I had learned not to care," he wrote. "I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it.  Not smack, though ..."

-- From "Dreams from My Father," by Barack Obama, p. 87 Aug 1, 1996