Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Presidential Hopeful ...  (Read 49080 times)

str

• View Profile
Re: Presidential Hopeful My @ # ! * i n g Ass ..
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 10:24:55 PM »

Nonetheless, Illinois senior U.S. Senator male private part Durbin has consistently urged Obama to consider running.

How can you name a child "male private part"? Please enlighten me.

adulterant

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 10:40:11 PM »
Well, male private part is just the shortened form of Richard. "male private part" means Powerful, rich ruler. It is of Teutonic origin. Nicknames are Dickie, Dicky, Ric, Rick, Ritchie, Rich, Richie, Rickie, Ricky etc.

Anyway, here it is a true story of a guy named male private part and his girlfriend "Julie." They're a hard working "couple" that's madly in love. They both have busy schedules and hardly spent time together. male private part worked for a software developing firm. Julie is a psychologist and freelance writer who recently started her private practice at home. Their most favorite pastime used to be sex!

Lately, male private part had been really itching for some good one-on-one sexual therapy with Julie, but she'd been rejecting him lately. Sexually frustrated male private part suspected that Julie was cheating on him. Then 1 day, male private part confirmed his suspicions. He rummaged through Julie's personal things only to find her daily planner. Inside these pages were morning sessions scheduled with a least 2 men she secretly listed in codename as Male #1 & Male #2. He also found a disturbing logbook entitled "THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT DICKS!" After flipping another page, he read a small passage, "This page is specially reserved for Male#3." He became so enraged about Julie's alleged infidelity and fascination for other men's penises that he decided to take some action.

On the morning of Julie's next morning appointment, male private part left for work earlier than usual. He kissed Julie goodbye and drove off to work. It was 10 o'clock and Male #1 was the first to arrive. Male #2 arrived after him. While this was going on, male private part hurriedly strolled in from the backdoor and found Julie & her two strange men together in the kitchen. Having coffee? Julie asked him what he was doing there? male private part asked, "What the hell you think you're doing Julie, are you screwing around behind my back?" She paused for a second and started to explain. "male private part, I would never cheat on you!" She continued, "If you paid more attention, you'd notice my two patients and I have all of our clothes on!"

male private part scratched his head with a confused look on his embarrassed face. He asked her to explain her d**mn sex book, "THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT DICKS"!!" Julie and her 2 male patients started laughing up a storm. After several minutes of laughter she walked over to male private part and gave him a great big kiss.

She told him his book was her thesis about HIM! It was a study on his name "male private part" and how he was discouraged about it! male private part asked about the note "this page is specially reserved for Male #3?" Julie told to him "don't be such a male private part, male private part." HE WAS THE MALE #3!" He asked her why did she need those 2 jokers? Well, according to her, those gentlemen volunteered to help contribute to her thesis! Their names were Mr. male private part [his last name], and Mr. male private part [his last name].

dejure

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 10:43:20 PM »
If you think naming a person "male private part" is weird, how about "male private part Assman"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Assman

s o c i e t y

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 04:40:35 AM »

From what I've heard, Obama is a hard-core liberal, albeit a very pleasant and politically savvy one. They also say that unimpeachable ~ahem~ DC political sources confirm that he's secretly gay (NTTAWWI), but that could just be evil Republican propaganda.

What does NTTAWWI mean?

winfree

• View Profile
It's Too Soon, Senator
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 05:52:28 AM »
On Nov. 4. 2008, Obama will be 47 years old. He will have served in the Senate for less than four years and in elected office for little more than a decade. Even assuming a Democrat wins the White House and is reelected in 2012, Obama will only be in his mid-50s when the 2016 election comes around.

Why rehash all of these facts? Because the most compelling reason for Obama not to run for president is that by jumping too soon he could ruin one of the most promising Democratic political careers in recent memory. If Obama decides to run in 2008 and doesn't wind up as either the presidential or vice presidential nominee, he would run the risk of being perceived as yesterday's news by voters should he try to run for national office again down the line.

There are several recent examples of this trend. The most fitting is Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, who was seen as a Democratic rising stars when he began to raise money and organize for the 1988 presidential race. But charges of plagiarism forced Biden from the race, and although he remained in the Senate and is planning to run for president again in 2008, he has not yet been able to reclaim his former star status.

The final reason Obama should stay out of the 2008 race can be boiled down to just three words -- Hillary Rodham Clinton. The New York senator is an overwhelming favorite for the nomination in 2008, thanks to a massive fundraising and organizational machine just waiting to be turned on. If Obama chooses to run, he would need to get around Clinton in the primaries -- a formidable challenge given the preparations she and her campaign team have already made. Putting aside Clinton, there are several other well-known politicians -- Edwards and John Kerry jump to mind -- who have considerable financial and organizational resources that would complicate Obama's effort. Why not wait 4 or 8 years until he can be the "Hillary" of the presidential field, the odds-on nominee, rather than just one of a handful of candidates given a chance at winning the nomination?

emptysuit

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 06:08:56 AM »
Obama first come out in favor of full marriage equality for same-sex couples but then (with just a little pressure from fundamentalists) he betrayed that position to evangelize his "faith" and knuckle under to homophobic African-American Christian fundamentalists. He then denied his original position and not so magnanimously (but very patronizingly) casually tossed over the insult of the "separate but [not] equal" civil union seat in the back of the bus. (Just google "The black-vote schism")

We test our "friends" (and politicians) the same way we test any metal -- under stress and under pressure. It's easy to be courtly when one has a cleverly prepared propaganda speech and a wheel-barrow full of public relations clap trap; but the only way to really test one's metal is under pressure. Since it is admitted that Obama had no real opponent in the Illinois race, since the outcome was never really in doubt, and since he won by a whopping 70% margin (he was always at least 65% ahead of his opponents), it was therefore entirely unnecessary (and utterly lacking in courage) for Obama to claim that the only reason gays should be denied marriage is because of the "religious connotations" which he must adhere to as a Christian -- so much for his respect for separation of church and state! (And he openly states this hypocrisy even though his own religious denomination (the UCC) performs same-sex marriage ceremonies while making distinction to heterosexual marriages. What hypocrisy!!!)

As a Harvard educated civil rights lawyer (so called) Obama knew the right thing to do but when he didn't even have to make a compromise he sold-out on the most important civil rights issue of the day and knuckled under to homophobic black Christian fundamentalists when it was entirely unnecessary! Hypocrisy!!! Hypocrisy!!! Hypocrisy!!! Obama's official position on marriage equality is at odds with virtually every black civil rights leader in America today. (See "Our Supporters" at the National Black Justice coalition). Indeed, Nobel Peace Prize winner Bishop Desmond Tutu has called this civil union exclusion from marriage nothing less than "apartheid" -- what an interesting choice of words! But Obama just holds his finger to the wind to see which way it blows.

When he says he's not in favor of marriage equality he's about as believable as Lincoln who consistently maintained that he was not in favor of abolition of slavery! Such politicking with civil rights may be politics but is this leadership? We understand the well-intended cynical manipulation at play here but are such people really worthy of trust? This illusion and cynical sophistry for sale are precisely what Socrates and Plato railed against! Heaven forbid the young should be corrupted by the truth and the wool lifted from their eyes. Obama, with all his illusions and sophistry for sale, has made some totally absurd statements with regard to civil rights and religion. Now watch as the chickens come home to roost!

Oh, BTW -- they say Obama is good-looking ... I can't help laughing at that!

Judith K

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 06:25:13 AM »
Indeed emptysuit, Obama is nothing but a pawn, a very funny pawn. And by the way, his mother was a whore who went with n-word from Kenia. That's basically it.

titntit

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 07:57:45 AM »
Wow, Judith, looks like you keep it short and sweet!

titntit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 08:08:53 AM »

From what I've heard, Obama is a hard-core liberal, albeit a very pleasant and politically savvy one. They also say that unimpeachable ~ahem~ DC political sources confirm that he's secretly gay (NTTAWWI), but that could just be evil Republican propaganda.

What does NTTAWWI mean?

Not That There's Anything Wrong With It

theworldinahand

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 12:20:38 AM »

Indeed emptysuit, Obama is nothing but a pawn, a very funny pawn.

Well, to say the truth, I feel sorry for him, I mean, he understands it full well he is a pawn, yet he can't help being a pawn ... look at they way he speaks, it's just like "you know, I know what this is all about, but I have to play the game" ...