Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Presidential Hopeful ...  (Read 47192 times)

fraudlaw

• View Profile
Re: Presidential Hopeful My @ # ! * i n g Ass ..
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 02:04:02 AM »

"Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart."

fraudlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 02:07:33 AM »
Obama's conclusion about the white race described as,

"that ghostly figure that haunted black dreams."

fraudlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 02:09:06 AM »
After graduating from college, Obama eventually went to Chicago to interview for a job as a community organizer. His racial attitudes came into play as he sized up the man who would become his boss:

"There was something about him that made me wary. A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

fraudlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 02:09:53 AM »
"Uncle Tom. Collaborator. House n-word."

fraudlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 02:12:03 AM »
He recalls an assistant basketball coach in high school referring to a group of black men as "niggers."

"I told him with a fury that surprised even me to shut up,"

"There are black people, and there are niggers," the coach explained. "Those guys were niggers."

"'There are white folks and then there are ignorant m o t h e r @ # ! * e r s like you."

whoreday

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 06:03:32 AM »

At Punahou (high school) obama tried drugs and let his grades slip in his final years of high school. Teachers and fellow students at Punahou say that Obama wasn't a straight-A student, but they had high expectations for him. One of his teachers, Kusunoki, who has taught at Punahou for 33 years, adds that "[he] was very gifted, and I knew he'd do great things. But this well? On this stage? I never expected that."

And to think this high school is not in the mainland USA but in Hawaii!!

orgnl

• View Profile
Cameron Shows Obama on Beach
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2007, 03:08:39 AM »

he looks likes those skinny hyperactive kids in elementary school that run around and stumble on words when reading too fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-HGprE4TM&mode=related&search=

pawlaw

• View Profile
OBAMA HIDING MUSLIM BACKGROUND
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2007, 03:19:29 AM »

Somebody please explain to me how could white America be so crazy as to get riled up about a SON OF A female dog -- literally so?! Son of a white trash whore who went with sand-niggers!!!

OBAMA HIDING MUSLIM BACKGROUND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRywAlop4Q&mode=related&search=

Mr. Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 03:39:11 AM »

Obama first come out in favor of full marriage equality for same-sex couples but then (with just a little pressure from fundamentalists) he betrayed that position to evangelize his "faith" and knuckle under to homophobic African-American Christian fundamentalists. He then denied his original position and not so magnanimously (but very patronizingly) casually tossed over the insult of the "separate but [not] equal" civil union seat in the back of the bus. (Just google "The black-vote schism")

We test our "friends" (and politicians) the same way we test any metal -- under stress and under pressure. It's easy to be courtly when one has a cleverly prepared propaganda speech and a wheel-barrow full of public relations clap trap; but the only way to really test one's metal is under pressure. Since it is admitted that Obama had no real opponent in the Illinois race, since the outcome was never really in doubt, and since he won by a whopping 70% margin (he was always at least 65% ahead of his opponents), it was therefore entirely unnecessary (and utterly lacking in courage) for Obama to claim that the only reason gays should be denied marriage is because of the "religious connotations" which he must adhere to as a Christian -- so much for his respect for separation of church and state! (And he openly states this hypocrisy even though his own religious denomination (the UCC) performs same-sex marriage ceremonies while making distinction to heterosexual marriages. What hypocrisy!!!)

As a Harvard educated civil rights lawyer (so called) Obama knew the right thing to do but when he didn't even have to make a compromise he sold-out on the most important civil rights issue of the day and knuckled under to homophobic black Christian fundamentalists when it was entirely unnecessary! Hypocrisy!!! Hypocrisy!!! Hypocrisy!!! Obama's official position on marriage equality is at odds with virtually every black civil rights leader in America today. (See "Our Supporters" at the National Black Justice coalition). Indeed, Nobel Peace Prize winner Bishop Desmond Tutu has called this civil union exclusion from marriage nothing less than "apartheid" -- what an interesting choice of words! But Obama just holds his finger to the wind to see which way it blows.

When he says he's not in favor of marriage equality he's about as believable as Lincoln who consistently maintained that he was not in favor of abolition of slavery! Such politicking with civil rights may be politics but is this leadership? We understand the well-intended cynical manipulation at play here but are such people really worthy of trust? This illusion and cynical sophistry for sale are precisely what Socrates and Plato railed against! Heaven forbid the young should be corrupted by the truth and the wool lifted from their eyes. Obama, with all his illusions and sophistry for sale, has made some totally absurd statements with regard to civil rights and religion. Now watch as the chickens come home to roost!

Oh, BTW -- they say Obama is good-looking ... I can't help laughing at that!

What do you expect him to do? Support gay marrige?! He's already being called a "n-word" -- is it not enough?! Do you really think he could be called a "n-word fag" and still win?!

blh

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2007, 03:45:54 AM »

He left Chicago for three years to study law at Harvard University, where he was elected the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. He graduated magna cum laude.

At Punahou (high school) obama tried drugs and let his grades slip in his final years of high school. Teachers and fellow students at Punahou say that Obama wasn't a straight-A student, but they had high expectations for him. One of his teachers, Kusunoki, who has taught at Punahou for 33 years, adds that "[he] was very gifted, and I knew he'd do great things. But this well? On this stage? I never expected that."

How can someone who has not been at the top of his class in high school go ahead and become president of harvard law review? Anyone?!

Barack Obama, whom George W. Bush called "the pope," is America's new deity in the cult-of-personality. Obama who spoke eloquently against the federal marriage amendment, has launched the biggest Madison Avenue public relations snow job in American history. Witness the manufacture of consent. He boasts of being a "big believer" in the revered doctrine of separation of church and state. He has no legal objections to the gruesome process of partial-birth abortion, even though it is repugnant to his Christian beliefs. It's a woman's right to choose, you see. We must respect separation of church and state. It's the law. However, same-sex couples must be denied the fundamental right of civil marriage. He offers no legal reasons mind you. Oh no. This civil rights lawyer never states legal reasons. It's his "deep faith" you see, his "church history," and the "religious connotations" to marriage that mandate we be kept "separate but [not] equal." So much for being a big believer in separation of church and state.

If a civil rights lawyer walked into court and argued that fundamental civil rights should be denied solely for metaphysical reasons one could fairly wonder if he were a charlatan who found his law degree in a box of Cracker Jack. Legally, Obama's position on civil marriage is intellectual rubbish. Audacity indeed!

To demonstrate tolerance, however, he would enact prejudice into law with a civil union substitute for fundamental rights. This would institutionalize second-class citizenship while relegating gays to our own Jim Crow railroad car on America's new Freedom Train. It's not mere audacity but downright chutzpah, for an African American civil rights lawyer to oppose due process and equal protection for no reason other than deep faith and religious connotations. This demonstrates contempt for the doctrine of separation of church and state to which he pays lip-service. If one of Obama's law students gave his answer on a right to marry hypothetical s/he'd deservedly flunk the exam and might better serve the interests of justice by selling shoes at Macy's.

Unlike the revered Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, who used religious faith to fight against discrimination and exorcize it from the law, Obama's approach uses religion as an excuse to deny civil rights and legislate prejudice into law.