Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Presidential Hopeful ...  (Read 49202 times)

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Presidential Hopeful ...
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2007, 09:48:11 AM »
I like how the OP of this thread still only has one post.

Hadrian

• View Profile
Re: Presidential Hopeful My @ # ! * i n g Ass!
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2007, 12:29:39 PM »

I see Obama as a strong running mate to one of the other candidates. I suspect that he has his eye on 2012 or 2016, not 2008. This is just meant to get him some national recognition as a major player and, if his running mate’s campaign is successful, a foot in the door as VP.

Are you trying to be funny or what? Everyone knows that if you don't do it right the first time you're finished! You just don't get a second chance!

LALaw04

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2007, 02:50:01 AM »
Shouldn't be be focusing on our future biglaw careers?  check out www.borntobill.com when you need a good laugh
I created these for some friends.  Enjoy:

http://www.cafepress.com/lawgear

Glee Client

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2007, 11:07:59 AM »

Shouldn't be be focusing on our future biglaw careers?  check out www.borntobill.com when you need a good laugh

By posting here we ARE focusing on our future biglaw careers, their perks and the like ... just like Obama is, after all! :)

perrys

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2007, 02:54:28 PM »

The recent voice-over of Obama said:

"I'm Barack Obama, and I approve this message. We are a beacon of light around the world. At least that's what we can be again. That's what we should be again. When we break out of the conventional thinking and we start reaching out to friend and foe alike, then I am absolutely confident that we can restore America's leadership in the world. We're going to lead with our values and our ideals by deed and by example. I want to go before the world and say: America's back. America is back."

Yea right, America's black, America is black! DREAM ON!!!
I installed a skylight in my apartment... the people who live above me are furious!

²

• View Profile
Re: Obama = James Frey
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2007, 04:07:20 PM »

In his first autobiographical book, "Dreams From My Father," Obama talks of growing up happily racially unaware. "That my father looked nothing like the people around me barely registered in my mind," he wrote.

Lynn Sweet, the savvy Chicago political columnist who's been tracking Obama's rise, called into question Obama's use of composite characters and made-up names in his highly praised autobiography. Her column on the subject was headlined "Obama's Book: What's Real, What's Not."

"I was dismayed," wrote Sweet, "at what I found when I read Dreams from My Father. Composite characters. Changed names ... Except for public figures and his family, it is impossible to know who is real and who is not." Colorful characters populate the Chicago chapters: Smitty the barber, LaTisha, the part-time manicurist, Angela, Ruby, Mrs. Turner and one Rafiq al Shabazz. Who they really are, or if they are composites, you would not know from reading the book.

Maybe he's writing an authorized autobiography?! Just a suggestion...
I saw a bank that said "24 Hour Banking," but I don't have that much time.

• View Profile
IT'S A DRAW!!!
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2007, 11:18:47 AM »
Obama has chipped away at Clinton's lead in New Hampshire, and the two Democratic presidential hopefuls are now locked in a statistical tie less than one month before the first-in-the-nation primary. Clinton has dropped 5% points, while Obama has gained 8% points, according to the poll conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center. Clinton is now at 31% to Obama's 30%.

In the Republican contest, the new poll also reveals that despite Mike Huckabee's meteoric rise in some Iowa and national surveys, he has yet to catch fire in New Hampshire. Huckabee remains in single digits at 9%, up 4% points from November. But he still trails Mitt Romney by 23% points. Romney remains in the lead with 32% of the vote, followed by Rudy Giuliani and John McCain who are tied with 19%. Despite Romney's double-digit edge over his nearest competitors, and the seemingly two-way battle between Clinton and Obama on the Democratic side, the Granite State contests are far from over.
Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Free Radical

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2007, 02:25:59 PM »

ruffl

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »

GinoJ

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 25, 2007, 02:05:41 PM »