Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Novus University School of Law  (Read 31043 times)

Ismael

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Novus University School of Law
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 04:57:35 PM »
I noticed one of the messages asked about where Novus was located.  According to the info. I read, Novus is not a physical campus.  This school is completely on the web.

NovusCommunityServices

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 01:37:51 AM »
I have been a student since december 2005. Recently I tried to send my assignment via e-mail and I got an e-mail response that the address is no longer valid. I have left phone messages with the answering service for a week and still no response. Has the law school closed or can somebody tell me just what is going on. The school is still taking my finance. Does any one know where the school is located? or just what is happening?

WHAT WAS HAPPENING ??????
I am a Community Service Director with Novus Law School and we did change our email from novusu.org to nulaw.org ,in December 2006 -Feb.2007  The main reason we made the change was SPAM ,we  were receiving 500 -1000 per day and we put in a new system .The student here was as were all students notified fro 90 days about the change . As with any change there were problems .This student only filed this post ONE TIME Jan.10 2007 and has been contacted and is currently on leave of absence because of job requirements . NO SCHOOL IS PROBLEM FREE ,but as Novus Law School we try to make it so. Scott Andrews Novus Law School

NovusCommunityServices

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 01:54:29 AM »
I have applied for Novus and just got off the phone with an advisor who aksed for my SSN and a Credit card number to start me on the the three year program, It is tempting because it is so affordable but I do not want to get into this program and be left out in the cold...Any words of wisdom on this? The advisor had a hard sell approach and said if I do not accept at this time I will have to wait for a year to apply again.

Hi James

Although I am, generally, an advocate of LD education law schools, Novus is not one I would recommend. If you read the fine print, you will see that all they do is help you set up a curriculum with an attorney for in-office law study not for distance education. The other thing they claim to help you with is with obtaining legal books - I have no idea about the veracity of this claim.

They telling you that if you do not give them your SSN and credit card number now that you will have to wait a year sounds like pressure selling to me. If I was you, I would opt for one of the distance legal education schools that are registered with the California Bar. Novus is not registered with the California bar, or any bar for that matter. Hope that helps!

NOVUS LAW SCHOOL (our side)

Most  law school are REQUIRED TO REQUEST SS NUMBERS and most  Law school Online require a SS number for an application Novus Law School does NOT charge an application fee of 50.00 or 75.00 or 100.00 as do other schools and we only require the SS # when a appicant registers,NOT BEFORE, we give every applicant a FREE APPLICATION ,every year ,and we also conduct a personal interview and NOVUS LAW SCHOOL provides direct links to the US DEPT of Education and the American Bar Association ,so that prospective student may verify every statement made in the Novus Catalog .

It is correct that we do not provide supervising attorneys ,however we provide FREE TEXTS and curriculum for supervising attorney and an exam base and we assit student in locating attorneys and we certify then as paralegals .

We in fact do everthing possible to make study work for the BAR STUDENT and at a small fraction of the cost of resident law study and CA Correspondence Schools,which we also provide student with link to and to the CA Committee of Bar Examiners with all bar and baby bar results.

Scott Andrews
Community Services
Novus Law School

visit Novus Law School ONLINE  www.novus.edu

DO/JD

NovusCommunityServices

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 02:19:56 AM »
I asked about it earlier. See post.

Otherwise, I recently received a notice through snail mail saying that if I haven't yet registered for classes at Novus, that I should do so immediately.

I put it into the same file as things such as the offer of a home equity loan, and loans up to $250 K. Just because I qualify doesn't mean that I should do it.

This Person LAST PUBLISHED November 09, 2006, 04:49:01 PM ACCORDING TO POST RECORDS and Novus Law School does not send out snail mail and NEVER HAS ,so maybe we were confused with another school .

Scott Andrews
Novus Law School

NovusCommunityServices

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 02:22:02 AM »
Anyone out there who attends Novus University Law School? 

This Person post once time only.

Scott Andrews
Novus Law School

NovusCommunityServices

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 02:27:45 AM »
What's the scoop on Novus University School of Law?  Any opinions, facts, or experiences, willing to share?

This Person post one time only ,if you want the scoop on Novus Law School go to www.novus.edu  and then independently through the US Department of Education and ABA verify all information that concerns you , Novus is an alternatative law program and may not meet your requirements ,but we try to provide you with links to the best sources. 

Scott Andrews
Novus  Law School

galex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 06:56:55 AM »

Scott Andrews
Novus Law School

Actually, they posted twice. 

If you're trying to defend the reputation of your school, why wouldn't you try a bit harder with your grammar, etc.?  You're just making the school look worse.

NovusComServices

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »

Scott Andrews
Novus Law School

Actually, they posted twice. 

If you're trying to defend the reputation of your school, why wouldn't you try a bit harder with your grammar, etc.?  You're just making the school look worse.

I am not trying to defend Novus Law School, as it needs no defending. What I am trying to do is get prospective applicants to review all the information from Novus Law School at www.Novus.edu and to do there due diligence and check the ABA site, read the sixty page bar admission guide published by the ABA, in conjunction, with National Conference of Bar examiners. I agree with you that grammar is important. However, what is more is substance and the history of Novus Law School in the last ten years for students considering law school to consider all of there options. I don't mean to offend you or any individual that is reviewing material here. But the purpose of my postings is not to improve the image of the law school but to get applicants to do through research not only on Novus but of all there options as a Novus Law School graduate.

You can review the sixty page ABA report here:
http://www.ncbex.org/comprehensive-guide-to-bar-admissions/

Scott Andrews
Community Services
Novus Law School

DO/JD

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 05:56:44 PM »
Scott

You say Novus is international, how does a student from say the state of Florida, go about being able to become member of the bar of any state [U.S.] by being a student at Novus? Thanks in advance.

NovusComServices

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 07:52:52 PM »
Scott

You say Novus is international, how does a student from say the state of Florida, go about being able to become member of the bar of any state [U.S.] by being a student at Novus? Thanks in advance.

PLEASE ALSO REVIEW ABA REPORT & FLORDIA BAR SITE

In request to your question concerning admissions to the Florida State Bar, under section 4-13.4 Alternative Method of Education Qualification, the board may require that the applicant was engaged in the practice of law for at least ten years in the District of Columbia, in other states of the United Sates of America or in federal courts of the United states or it's territories, possessions, or protectorates, and was in good standing at the bar of the jurisdictions at which the applicant practiced.

Other options in Florida maybe in house counsel, chapter 17 authorizes attorneys licensed to practice in other jurisdictions other than Florida to undertake certain activities while exclusively employed by a business organization without the requirement of taking the bar examination.

Further, specialized federal courts such the United States Tax court and US patent courts permit admission by national exam and the sixty page ABA guide lists most options for non-ABA graduates.

Novus Law School is an alternative law school offering online programs to qualified adults and all bar options are spelled out in the online catalog.

Novus Law School has graduates from Florida who work in numerous fields and professions including: tax, corporate counsel, legal medical, arbitration, and mediation.
A legal education can be a credential for many career options.

Please review these sites:

www.novus.edu
http://www.ncbex.org/comprehensive-guide-to-bar-admissions/

Scott Andrews
Community Services
Novus Law School