Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE "LAW" IS JUST SOME bull INVENTED BY PEOPLE. IT'S NOT A LEGITIMATE ACADEM  (Read 3445 times)

rayhigh

• View Profile
Re: THE "LAW" IS JUST SOME bull INVENTED BY PEOPLE. IT'S NOT A LEGITIMATE AC
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 09:00:25 AM »
You are welcome!   :)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »
The OP stole what he wrote in all caps from me. I posted on another thread. I borrowed it from a post on XOXO.

So what you're really saying is that you stole it first...  ::)

boston08

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 02:35:37 PM »
The OP stole what he wrote in all caps from me. I posted on another thread. I borrowed it from a post on XOXO.

So what you're really saying is that you stole it first...  ::)

No. I provided proper attribution to the true author:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,3491.msg42675.html#msg42675

lunacarpet

• View Profile
Re: THE "LAW" IS JUST SOME bull INVENTED BY PEOPLE. IT'S NOT A LEGITIMATE ACADEM
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 11:02:37 PM »
It doesn't matter .. that post is the best contribution made to this board by anyone.

boston08

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 10:39:31 AM »
It doesn't matter .. that post is the best contribution made to this board by anyone.

I agree. You can thank me for that. Actually though, I think the posts that followed it were very good as well. These posts combined sum up pretty well the debate regarding whether law is a good profession to enter. See the link in my previous post.

980eQ

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 12:43:50 AM »
"THE "LAW" IS JUST SOME bull INVENTED BY PEOPLE. IT'S NOT A LEGITIMATE ACADEMIC FIELD OF STUDY, LIKE SOCIOLOGY OR PHILOSOPHY. THERE ARE NO "RIGHT ANSWERS." YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO JUSTIFY ANY POSITION, NO MATTER HOW OUTRAGEOUS. YOU WILL HEAR THESE TERMS, AMONG OTHERS, UNTIL YOU WANT TO @ # ! * I N G PUKE: "PUBLIC POLICY CONSIDERATIONS," "REASONABLENESS" AND "BALANCING." YOU WILL SERIOUSLY CONSIDER QUESTIONS SUCK AS WHETHER OR NOT A 4-YEAR-OLD CAN BATTER AN ADULT WOMAN, WITHOUT PAUSING TO THINK ABOUT HOW ABSURD THE QUESTION IS IN THE FIRST PLACE. YOU WILL JETTISON ANY COMMON SENSE, DECENCY AND FAIR-MINDEDNESS YOU ONCE HAD AND REPLACE IT WITH MECHANICAL, PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL THOUGHT PROCESSES THAT DO NOTHING TO ADVANCE THE QUALITY OF LIFE IN OUR SOCIETY. LAWS ARE WRITTEN AND APPLIED ARBITRARILY. IF NOT, THEY ARE APPLIED DEPENDING ON POLITICAL CONSIDERATIONS. LIBERALS AND CONSERVATIVES ARE EQUALLY GUILTY OF THIS. THE "LAW" IS NOTHING MORE THAN A SET OF FICTIONS AGREED TO BY ELITES -- IT IS A GIANT LIE."

Wow. You just made me want to go protest the law.... ::)
Dude, everyone knows this... if you do not you are either a retard or a really naive chud. I wouldnt even begin calling sociology or philosophy a legitimate field of study though... If you are going to do that, name something useful like chemistry or biology. Biologists do something that effectuates change, whereas philosophers and sociologists tend to be ivory tower prick professors that dodge the draft and usurp tax money through their booster or state funded (state school) salaries. Right answers suck... if you want a "right" answer, go to f-ing Med School. Last I recall, philosophy class is a whole lot of assholes sitting in a room having a verbal circle jerk about a 2000 year old town idiot. Philosophy and Sociology can also be found in a value pack on some college campuses.. its called RELIGION CLASS. We know exactly how useful religion is in providing right answers and effectuating world understanding.

Lastly, "Elites" as you put it so poignantly, are the people that care enough to vote on things... Legislation is made by representatives that we elect, and interpreted by judges that are either elected, or appointed by those we elect. If an individual is crass enough not to vote, and effectively disenfranchises himself each election through apathy, then thank the Catholic Gods that the "nonelites" dont make law.  I dont feel the least bit sorry for people that are apathetic enough to cry and female dog at a "world cant wait" event but wont go vote for a penny tax provision in their town, know who their state senator is, or petition at a city counsel meeting against proposed code, legislation, law, etc. that they find objectionable. You have all the opportunity in the world (barring felony convicts in some states) to vote, be active in political process, and effectuate change, creation, or repeal of laws, codes, statutes, etc.

expire in a Conflagration

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 04:32:54 AM »
I was about to respond to the OP's drivel, but the previous reactionary post was even more lame.  Now I... uh... wow, forget it.
"What is Legal?  What is Illegal?  What is 'Barely Legal'?"  - Ali G

mph

• View Profile
Re: THE "LAW" IS JUST SOME bull INVENTED BY PEOPLE. IT'S NOT A LEGITIMATE ACADEM
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 06:25:18 AM »

I was about to respond to the OP's drivel, but the previous reactionary post was even more lame.  Now I... uh... wow, forget it.

OP's drivel? I'm sorry, Mr. Leaf, but it appears that many "honor" members of this board agree that the original OP's post is just perfect .. are you somewhat implying that the OP is busting balls?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 10:13:54 AM »
Uh...2 or 3 posters, none of whom have more than 30 posts, have said they think the OP is a genius.  Who exactly are these "'honor' members of this board" that you're referring to?  Certainly not you...

bebe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 05:21:24 PM »
Awesome thread!