Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE "LAW" IS JUST SOME bull INVENTED BY PEOPLE. IT'S NOT A LEGITIMATE ACADEM  (Read 3380 times)

dslaw

• View Profile
THE "LAW" IS JUST SOME bull INVENTED BY PEOPLE. IT'S NOT A LEGITIMATE ACADEMIC FIELD OF STUDY, LIKE SOCIOLOGY OR PHILOSOPHY. THERE ARE NO "RIGHT ANSWERS." YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO JUSTIFY ANY POSITION, NO MATTER HOW OUTRAGEOUS. YOU WILL HEAR THESE TERMS, AMONG OTHERS, UNTIL YOU WANT TO @ # ! * I N G PUKE: "PUBLIC POLICY CONSIDERATIONS," "REASONABLENESS" AND "BALANCING." YOU WILL SERIOUSLY CONSIDER QUESTIONS SUCK AS WHETHER OR NOT A 4-YEAR-OLD CAN BATTER AN ADULT WOMAN, WITHOUT PAUSING TO THINK ABOUT HOW ABSURD THE QUESTION IS IN THE FIRST PLACE. YOU WILL JETTISON ANY COMMON SENSE, DECENCY AND FAIR-MINDEDNESS YOU ONCE HAD AND REPLACE IT WITH MECHANICAL, PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL THOUGHT PROCESSES THAT DO NOTHING TO ADVANCE THE QUALITY OF LIFE IN OUR SOCIETY. LAWS ARE WRITTEN AND APPLIED ARBITRARILY. IF NOT, THEY ARE APPLIED DEPENDING ON POLITICAL CONSIDERATIONS. LIBERALS AND CONSERVATIVES ARE EQUALLY GUILTY OF THIS. THE "LAW" IS NOTHING MORE THAN A SET OF FICTIONS AGREED TO BY ELITES -- IT IS A GIANT LIE.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
thank you captain obvious - do you have any other "stunning" revelations that'd you like to drop on us tonight? maybe you have "ground-breaking" news that an enormous % of lawyers are generally depressed and alcoholic? maybe you'd like to tell us the USA fosters the most litigious society in the world? WHAT!? there are ambiguities in the law? man, you're a f-ing prophet....

but hey, at least we get paid obscenely well... (which is all that matters right?)

chickenbreast

• View Profile

Is it enough for you today, Durden?
De justice je m'en charge!

jjason

• View Profile
Obvious and not at all unique. And the all CAPS just makes it annoying. But I'm sure there are other arguments that could be made opposing this rant.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Is it enough for you today, Durden?

it's never enough chicken - i want it ALL!

rayhigh

• View Profile
Re: THE "LAW" IS JUST SOME bull INVENTED BY PEOPLE. IT'S NOT A LEGITIMATE AC
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 04:19:24 PM »
The "law" is just some bull invented by people. It's not a legitimate academic field of study, like sociology or philosophy. There are no "right answers." you will learn how to justify any position, no matter how outrageous. You will hear these terms, among others, until you want to @ # ! * i n g puke: "public policy considerations," "reasonableness" and "balancing." you will seriously consider questions suck as whether or not a 4-year-old can batter an adult woman, without pausing to think about how absurd the question is in the first place. You will jettison any common sense, decency and fair-mindedness you once had and replace it with mechanical, pseudo-intellectual thought processes that do nothing to advance the quality of life in our society. Laws are written and applied arbitrarily. If not, they are applied depending on political considerations. Liberals and conservatives are equally guilty of this. The "law" is nothing more than a set of fictions agreed to by elites -- it is a giant lie.
(Screaming all caps removed courtesy of of Word's Shift>F3 functionality.)

Ok, so are you saying that there are 'right answers' in *philosophy* and *sociology* - two of the least concrete areas of study?  At least if you had used, I don't know, physics and mechanical engineering, you wouldn't have completely sabotaged your own argument at the outset. 

wardwilliams

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 05:13:35 PM »

[/quote] (Screaming all caps removed courtesy of of Word's Shift>F3 functionality.)
[/quote]

This may be the most useful bit of information I've come across lately on this board.

jjason

• View Profile
same here! i had no idea. Thank you!

Knowledge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 10:24:26 PM »

(Screaming all caps removed courtesy of of Word's Shift>F3 functionality.)
[/quote]

This may be the most useful bit of information I've come across lately on this board.
[/quote]

I concur!

boston08

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 12:40:10 AM »
The OP stole what he wrote in all caps from me. I posted on another thread. I borrowed it from a post on XOXO.