Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Join Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity -- Bad Idea?  (Read 22989 times)

apocryphal

• View Profile
Re: Hillary for Prez
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2007, 07:57:09 PM »

I'd rather go with her than Obama or Edwards![...]

John Edwards has a problem -- the feelings of uncertainty that he emanates by way of his mannerisms and delivery, as if he is begging you to agree with him instead of just telling you what he thinks, which makes him appear less confident.  People get the feeling like he is "holding something back" so they don't trust him. It's his vibes that create that feeling. I have also talked about how people would react to John Edwards based on his body language, and that was confirmed over the weekend when I got into it with some Democrats who were calling John Edwards "a punk."  They said they "like him," like almost all Democrats will say, but that "he is a punk...America doesn't want a punk for its President."  By punk, what do they mean? Punk implies "wimp, weak, fragile, flimsy, sissy," whatever is not strong or manly. This is why the right-wing knew that the focus on John Edwards' hair would stick.

asperity

• View Profile
Re: Join Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity -- Bad Idea?
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2007, 08:33:10 PM »
During the questions about gay marriage Edwards had a nervous look on July 24; he put his hands in his pockets, which is also a classic sign of nervousness, Jo Ellan Dimitrius, a body language expert said. When someone's body language appears overly-expressive, one question usually comes to mind: Gay or Italian? But I think, John Edwards's body language comes across as "sleazy trial lawyer." Like many great performers, he's reached the stage where his tricks and mannerisms have become self-conscious and exaggerated.

fledgling

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2007, 06:17:45 AM »
Do you know what Edwards could possibly mean when saying that Republican candidates are George Bush on steroids ??

foray

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2007, 06:52:06 AM »

John Edwards has a problem -- the feelings of uncertainty that he emanates by way of his mannerisms and delivery, as if he is begging you to agree with him instead of just telling you what he thinks, which makes him appear less confident.  People get the feeling like he is "holding something back" so they don't trust him. It's his vibes that create that feeling. [...]

Oh please, do you think Hillary is better? I mean, take a look at her face when she talks -- you can easily tell when what she's saying is something she's does not really believe in simply by observing her facial expressions. She's not that good at body language lying. The one public person that has absolute mastery over her body language is Oprah -- she'll just not let out anything she doesn't want to get out.

dissipate

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2007, 09:15:33 PM »

Oh please, do you think Hillary is better? I mean, take a look at her face when she talks -- you can easily tell when what she's saying is something she's does not really believe in simply by observing her facial expressions. She's not that good at body language lying. The one public person that has absolute mastery over her body language is Oprah -- she'll just not let out anything she doesn't want to get out.

Here it is an interesting piece on body language lying

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,5331.msg62288.html#msg62288

susanna mon amour

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 08:54:47 PM »

John Edwards has a problem -- the feelings of uncertainty that he emanates by way of his mannerisms and delivery, as if he is begging you to agree with him instead of just telling you what he thinks, which makes him appear less confident.  People get the feeling like he is "holding something back" so they don't trust him. It's his vibes that create that feeling. I have also talked about how people would react to John Edwards based on his body language, and that was confirmed over the weekend when I got into it with some Democrats who were calling John Edwards "a punk."  They said they "like him," like almost all Democrats will say, but that "he is a punk...America doesn't want a punk for its President."  By punk, what do they mean? Punk implies "wimp, weak, fragile, flimsy, sissy," whatever is not strong or manly. This is why the right-wing knew that the focus on John Edwards' hair would stick.

Well, Edwards has been called publicly a 'faggot' -- so there's nothing surprising about people thinking in the terms you do. Edwards, on his part, has replied that such slurs simply show what kind of country we live in.

one hot summer night

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2007, 03:58:27 AM »

It's no secret the Clinton Administration kicked the "Global War On Drugs" up to ten. And as karma would have it, the son of the former President’s right hand man has been busted yet again for possession of pot while operating a hybrid car...

Whose fault is this again, y'all? Repeat it after me — Daddy's and "Daddy's' boss.

Sonny boy gets busted with a "small amount" of pot and now he gets to face the music because of the unwinnable, hugely expensive and unconstitutional "War On Drugs" that good ole' "Daddy" and his boss waged upon the U.S. taxpayers' checkbooks (the "bad guys") for decades with ZERO return on the so-called "investment."

Global warming is a serious reality, and great "kudos" go out to "Daddy" for his heartfelt and dedicated, award winning work in this arena, but then again, "Dear Ole' Dad" isn't quite perfect either, is he? "Draft Gore In '08" supporters shouldn't forget this simple fact so easily either, by the way. After all, the terse results of Mr. Gore's dedication to turning potheads into criminals has found their way to "Dear Ole' Dad's" doorstep. And results such as these are GUARANTEED... ALWAYS.

Again, it's called "karma," and it's very REAL...

The Spiritual Law of Karma, 'What goes around comes around'.

sislaw

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2007, 05:40:48 AM »

Well, Edwards has been called publicly a 'faggot' -- so there's nothing surprising about people thinking in the terms you do. Edwards, on his part, has replied that such slurs simply show what kind of country we live in.

I'm kinda curious to know whether Ann Coulter would dare to call Tom Cruise a faggot.

palimpsest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2007, 04:45:37 AM »

I'm kinda curious to know whether Ann Coulter would dare to call Tom Cruise a faggot.

;)

gaudy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 03:59:51 AM »

She's had plasic surgery. Look up pictures of her when Bill was first became Arkansas governor.

Hillary is rumored to have likely bought hundreds of votes in a Hasidic New York neighborhood during her 2000 senatorial run by persuading her husband to commute criminal sentences for several New Square residents.