Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are my feelings normal?  (Read 4007 times)

monte

• View Profile
Re: Are my feelings normal?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 09:23:29 PM »
I'm in my third week of law school and I've developed a rash on my inner thigh. Is this bad? Is this normal? Please help me here. I really don't want to get any topical creams if I don't have to.

o rly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »

I'm in my third week of law school and I've developed a rash on my inner thigh. Is this bad? Is this normal? Please help me here. I really don't want to get any topical creams if I don't have to.

Are you a boy or a girl?

rayhigh

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 04:33:51 PM »

From what I gather, your feelings are normal.  I've been astonished by the number of unhappy 1Ls and 2Ls.  For my part, finishing up 4th week of 1L, I love law school.  It's a hell of a lot of fun.  That isn't to say it isn't a lot of work - it is - but it isn't so much difficult as time consuming, at least as I am experiencing it. 

Your mileage may vary.

Rayhigh
Pitt Law class of 2009

Bored 3L

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2006, 01:45:36 PM »
Finish at least your first semester and then decide whether to continue. 

Really, though, you should try to determine whether you'd enjoy being a lawyer.  My username is a little dated -- I'm now in practice.  My practice is nothing like law school.  Someone above said something like if you don't like reading cases and thinking about the big picture, or about using cases to change the law, you won't enjoy being a lawyer.  But my practice has basically nothing to do with cases.  I certainly don't spend a lot of time reading cases and trying to synthesize them.  Litigators do that kind of work (when they're not reviewing documents), but I don't.

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2006, 02:09:54 PM »
what type of law do u pratice bored?
Attending: OU

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 03:59:56 PM »

First the bad news.  You are going to have to stop sleeping with your environmental law book.  Please note, I'm in no way judging you here.  We all "experiment" from time to time, but environmental law books are loaded with poison ivy.  The goods news is, your health law book should clear up the problem in no time.  Try spending a few nights with that one and your problem will work itself out. 
pudding is delightful

victorase

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 03:15:54 AM »

beerlaw

• View Profile
Friday night out in law school.
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 06:25:28 PM »

yeahIregistered

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

First the bad news.  You are going to have to stop sleeping with your environmental law book.  Please note, I'm in no way judging you here.  We all "experiment" from time to time, but environmental law books are loaded with poison ivy.  The goods news is, your health law book should clear up the problem in no time.  Try spending a few nights with that one and your problem will work itself out. 

Evidently you go to a Bible Law School and this is obviously as good as you can get.

980eQ

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 01:26:04 AM »
normal dude. The monotony and daily crap gets tiring... study, class, a-hole classmates... rinse wash repeat... its perfectly normal to even hate it. The trick (at least to me is) is to have a life outside of it. Do your work, etc GO HARD at it.. .but dude, when it hits 11-12 at night, stop what you are doing and watch something, read a book, have some tea... i honestly couldnt stand law school for the first semester. My gf was at home 900 miles away in FL, i had not gone out at all (im in DC) i just read, studied, repeated.
My grades were mid line, nothin awesome and i was severely dpressed by end of semester... when i came back tho, things were different.. I got in touch with the alumni dept of my fraternity and found 6-9 bros around teh DC area  (a few attorneys among them)and chill with them 1 time a week, when possible.. coffee, cigar shop, football at a bar, whatever... It helps.

Also, get sleep man, the lack of it will be cause for 99% of ur woes... and finals is a hard time to get sleep, so be sure to get it during the semester when you can.

Lastly, dont stress stupid *&^% in class... remember that 90% of ur grade is usually based on the final... all those jackass-tic gunner kids that ask and female dog and make stories to feel superior will likely bdo worse than the guy/chick who reads, listens to the pertinent parts, and does work on time...