Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are my feelings normal?  (Read 3992 times)

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
Re: Are my feelings normal?
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 12:52:10 AM »
i was a finance major for a while. the whole time i could do the work but found it incredibly boring. i decided to switch my major to economics and thought it was a little better. now im in law school and love it. i love the cases, i love the analysis and i love the competition. Life is to short to do something u have no interest in.
Attending: OU

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 08:43:59 AM »
Well, lots of advice on here so far and I thank you for that.  How do you 1L's feel right now?  2 & 3's, how did you feel about this time? That's really what I'm trying to get at here. Thanks.

itsallaboutme!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 09:51:51 AM »
Entering law school, I wasn't sure I wanted to be a lawyer. But by two or three weeks into the semester, I knew it was for me - I thought all of my classes were fascinating. (OK, CivPro may have fallen more in the "mildly interesting" category).

Kaliope

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 11:09:04 AM »
I spent my first year of law school working full time, going part time, with an hour commute each way, and planned my wedding (which was, unfortunately, two days before finals week).  I loved it.  I love being back for a second year.

However, it's easy to get bogged down 4 weeks in.  If it hasn't "clicked" for you yet, the material is boring and you won't be interested it in.  I think the enjoyment of law school changes once, as a first year, you finally figure out what you're doing.  But then, I'm hardly the voice of experience.

Since you're not paying for it anyway, finish the semester.  If you still hate it or hate the idea of being an attorney, I'm sure you have plenty of other options.

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 01:38:25 PM »
I'm sure I'm the only person here that will tell you this, but I think if your education isn't a financial burden, if you are doing well, then stick with it even if you don't like it. Most people who drop out don't like law school and don't want to have to be a lawyer to pay back the loans. If you can graduate with little or no debt in three years, go ahead and get the JD and keep you options open.

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

doski

• View Profile
Can you believe it?!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 05:09:50 PM »
I was sitting in contracts class today and this girl screamed. I looked up from my book and there was a bat flying around the room. People started screaming and covering their heads as the bat buzzed the desks. The teacher hid under the lectern in the front of the room and said she was cancelling class for the day. People ran out of the room with their notebooks over their heads.

A maintenence guy came into the room and tried to catch it with a big net. It took him 40 minutes but did get it.

Law Student NYC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 01:06:06 AM »
Quit school. Work at McDonalds.

einszweidrei

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 07:00:10 AM »
Or suck my male private part.

doesntdothereading

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 04:34:27 PM »
LOL eins! ;)

robmelone

• View Profile
    • LawThug
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 10:55:32 AM »
What don't you like about it?  I think there are some great stories . . .esp. in crim and torts!

Rob
http://www.cafepress.com/lawthug