Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Relationships in Law school?  (Read 4272 times)

kasunscool

• View Profile
Relationships in Law school?
« on: September 10, 2006, 10:14:40 AM »
For me the easist way to deal with a stress of grad school was to, have an outlet, sure friends are a good outlet but, for me any way it was with my girl friend we both had a demading work and school shedual, but she was there when I need a break and I for her in the same Way. Im not saying sex is the ultimate stress reducer, but it beats ice cream, working out or weed.  IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A relationship while in law school?

holler21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Relationships in Law school?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 10:46:58 AM »
I say yes, but probably can only afford to see each other one night on the weekend.  Obviously a relationship like that might not be the most serious one in the world, but I would think that it would give you each something to look forward to at the end of the week. 

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:46:39 AM »
It's definitely possible to have a relationship during law school. One caveat: NO SEX WITH CLASSMATES, it's just like sex with a coworker. ALWAYS a bad idea. Always. Trust me on this one.

holler21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 12:38:59 PM »
Trust me on this one.

Johns, please tell us your story as I am sure it is quite entertaining.  ;D

revelareveritas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Something strange is afoot at the Circle K...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 10:45:17 PM »
Unequivocally, yes! Of course, I had to send her off to Italy for the semester, but that was totally unplanned on my part... It just worked out well that way... ;)

Be forewarned, however, torts and drama queens DO NOT MIX! Stay AWAY from the drama addicts at your school who are somehow stuck in high school at age 24... We have this one blond who has already knowingly pitted 3 seperate guys against each other just to see who comes out on top for her affections!

Sheesh...
"It's not whether Iran likes carrots," he said. "Iran likes carrots. Iran demands carrots! If there is to be a solution in Iran, carrots must be part of the solution! We don't expect others to cook carrots for us then present them and then tell us, 'Eat them or else.' We can cook our own carrots!"

holler21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 10:49:07 PM »
I have thought that the perfect scheme is to try to get some action jackson with a fair dame in another section...that probably couldn't be a better setup - hardly ever see her during the day and get to play on the weekends!  Now if only I could execute...

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 11:50:18 PM »
Yes, it's totally possible and it's also very possible to date someone in the law school if you're both mature about it.  Sleeping around is probably not a good idea, but I doubt it's any worse of an idea in law school than in real life.  Just have a schedule for studying, stick to it, and see your girlfriend as much as you can.  Have a long talk about the demands law school will put on you, and how you might have to disappear for a week or two around oral arguments or finals.  Reading ahead and giving your significant other a whole day also works wonders, and makes them feel like they're not just penciled into your schedule.

But having a good understanding upfront about what you'll be able to give and what your SO will need is the big key.  And remember to think creatively about spending time together.  You need to eat dinner every day, why not with your SO?  Just sit there and study in his or her presence, that might be enough sometimes.  But don't let anyone tell you it's impossible, it's only impossible when you have an immature person who can't deal with the lack of free time, including dealing with it by breaking up.

kasunscool

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 03:44:46 AM »
I agree 100%. Having that "long talk" was really important. Also I dont think our relationship would of worked under normal circumstances,I think the only reson it lasted so long was because we were both under alot of pressure and stress. Soon after We graduated our relaionship ended. A relationship based only on "play" is not likely to last..

hahah

ray7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 01:11:55 PM »
Totally possible. Whether I could maintain a relationship in law school was something that I was worried about as well.

My girlfriend goes to grad school about an hour a way and I spend every weekend with her. Studying in her presence, as was brought up in another posting, works out real well. I take Friday off once classes end, go out with her Friday night, study in her presence Saturday, go out Saturday night, and study again in her presence Sunday, until I go home on Sunday night, to study even more. During the week, she goes to school and studies, as do I. The weekends, we have a good time while also getting things done.

Dxion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 06:10:21 PM »
I like naked ladies.