Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: after an OCI  (Read 4807 times)

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
after an OCI
« on: September 06, 2006, 12:29:35 AM »
I just had my first OCI today, can anyone tell me what to expect next, what exactly is a "call back," is it typical to get an offer by phone, etc.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: after an OCI
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 05:12:41 AM »
If a Firm wants to have further interviews with you, they'll probably call you in the next 48 hours or so, but the time could also be a week or longer.  Depends on the Firm, but most seem to say the call will come sooner or later.

Then, you have a callback.  YOu may go out to dinner the night before.  You typically go to the Firm in the morning, and you'll meet with anywhere from 6-9 people or so, usually 20-30 min. interviews.  Then you usually get taken out to lunch.

Not sure how long it might take to receive an offer after a callback.  my first callback is this morning, so I haven't gotten there yet.

And if a Firm doesn't want you for a callback, they usually mail you a rejection letter.

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 03:21:35 PM »
thanks!

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 11:20:30 PM »
I had a callback with a firm, and they said 2-3 weeks to hear back. I think it depends on when the hiring committee meets.
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 01:41:06 PM »
how was the call back different from the previous interview? anyway, nice job, i just read read that your chances after a call back are usually 50%!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 01:54:49 PM »
Where'd you read the 50% stat?

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 04:30:47 PM »
Our CSO had a presentation which gave us the same stats. In the Chicago market, if you get a call back, it's a 50-70% chance of getting an offer.
Air Force JAG Corps

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 04:42:02 PM »
Our CSO had a presentation which gave us the same stats. In the Chicago market, if you get a call back, it's a 50-70% chance of getting an offer.

Makes sense because they aren't going to give you a call-back unless they're seriously considering you. It's probably your job to lose at that point.

I've got one next week and one the week after next, so I'll let you guys know if those percentages apply. (hopefully I won't throw up on myself during lunch or something)

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 04:51:21 PM »
im pretty sure it was the American Jurist last edition. but im positive it was not from my schools CSO.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 05:35:23 PM »
Thanks!