Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mycasebriefs.com  (Read 1013 times)

bfwhippl

• View Profile
Mycasebriefs.com
« on: September 04, 2006, 01:47:20 PM »
Mycasebriefs.com is a site that offers audio briefs, audio opinions, and a printable brief to bring to class for only $1.99 a case!  The briefs are entertaining and complete.  They even anticipate Profs questions for class making you completely prepared.  Check it out.  Mycasebriefs.com

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mycasebriefs.com
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 04:16:57 PM »
Free sites that have case briefs:
lawschool.mikeshecket.com/
lexis.com
4lawschool.com
Georgetown

robmelone

• View Profile
    • LawThug
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 04:37:57 PM »
http://www.audiocasebook.com/ has audio versions of case opinions for only 99 cents!

ashley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:20:21 PM »
The free ones are a great way to get started but I go straight to a commercial site if I'm in a hurry and don't have time to sift through the crap.  I've found www.justincasebriefs.com to be good...the audio sites are cool but I take it in a little better if I'm able to download or print a brief out.  Whatever works...

robmelone

• View Profile
    • LawThug
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 08:03:15 PM »
The free ones are a great way to get started but I go straight to a commercial site if I'm in a hurry and don't have time to sift through the crap.  I've found www.justincasebriefs.com to be good...the audio sites are cool but I take it in a little better if I'm able to download or print a brief out.  Whatever works...

If it's just a text brief you want, why not just use Lexis or Westlaw?  They are easy to find and free.  http://www.audiocasebook.com/ is meant for listening in your car or at the gym when you can't read.   

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 08:39:25 PM »
Isn't there another section for advertisements and product sales?
Georgetown

ashley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 09:01:48 PM »

If it's just a text brief you want, why not just use Lexis or Westlaw?  They are easy to find and free.  http://www.audiocasebook.com/ is meant for listening in your car or at the gym when you can't read.   

First, not all universities provide access to Lexis or Westlaw. Second, these sights are for legal research not for in-class case brief study aids.

Most students purchase suppl. study aids to assist in their studies, and justincasebriefs.com is a source I have found useful because of the quality and the fact that you case purchase individual cases.[

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 09:28:49 AM »

First, not all universities provide access to Lexis or Westlaw. Second, these sights are for legal research not for in-class case brief study aids.

Most students purchase suppl. study aids to assist in their studies, and justincasebriefs.com is a source I have found useful because of the quality and the fact that you case purchase individual cases.[

name me one school that doesnt offer westlaw or lexis! 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 02:19:39 PM »
Yes, all schools offer westlaw/lexis, but some make you wait.

They are NOT just for "research" as someone said.  The case briefs on lexis almost always address the issue that your prof will focus on.  If you use them as you're supposed to use canned briefs, as supplements to the assigned material, they're perfectly fine, and easy enough to add additional info to.  They are not useful as a substitute for the reading, but that's really not the point of any study aid.

Finally, there is a board for advertising and products.  This crap belongs there.

legalbeagle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 10:36:36 PM »
Want to know the truth about MyCaseBriefs.

Click this link, scroll down, and check out the 3rd ad from the top.

[link removed]

They definitely put the briefs in case briefs!