Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where does one buy commercial briefs/outlines?  (Read 973 times)

jsb241

• View Profile
    • Email
Where does one buy commercial briefs/outlines?
« on: September 01, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »
Okay I'm sorry if this post seems stupid, but can someone please help me out. Can I find this kind of stuff at my local Borders? What are some good commercial brief/outline companies? Do they just sell briefs to one whole book or how does it work?

beer gunner

• View Profile
Re: Where does one buy commercial briefs/outlines?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:53:25 PM »
I like emanuels the best for basically all the 1L classes so far...

www.amazon.com will hook you up - best to ya
To drink a beer or not to drink a beer, was that the question?

OL - 3rd tier

Frappe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 07:12:14 PM »
Okay I'm sorry if this post seems stupid, but can someone please help me out. Can I find this kind of stuff at my local Borders? What are some good commercial brief/outline companies? Do they just sell briefs to one whole book or how does it work?

Nope you won't find them at Borders. You will find them at your local law school bookstore though. There's also barristerbooks.com or for used study aids look on half.com or ebay.
Commerical outlines are different from commercial briefs. Commercial outlines outline the main topics and rules of a subject, while commercial briefs will have briefs for all the cases in your casebook.  Your main option for commercial outlines are Gilbert or Emanuels.  For commerical briefs which are keyed to your specific case book there's High Court Case Summaries, Casenotes, or Legalines. 

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 08:21:53 PM »
I like emanuels the best for basically all the 1L classes so far...

www.amazon.com will hook you up - best to ya

there was a sale on ebay for all the emanuels for 1L for 178.00.  dont know if it's still going on, but i think it was barristerbooks.com.  i personally have been using gilberts for some and emanuels for some.  i also like the gilbert e&e's as well as the outlines

JustInCaseBriefs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 04:11:40 PM »
Check out www.justincasebriefs.com  (and you only have to buy one at a time)

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 06:02:41 AM »
Ebay is the best source. If its springtime and you know the classes you're taking in the following semester, buy the outlines then. It seems like that's when there's the greatest supply and lowest demand, hence better prices.
Georgetown