Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For all of you in the MAG (Manor Garage)  (Read 2644 times)

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
For all of you in the MAG (Manor Garage)
« on: August 24, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »
So I parked at the MAG for the first time today and walked up the law school. Turns out, the walk is fairly trivial. I timed it on my crafty chronometer and it took me 5 minutes and 56 seconds to get there.

Whitney, I am less jealous of you now, but I still hate you  ;)
Carlos Cadena Society

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: For all of you in the MAG (Manor Garage)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 06:07:26 PM »
It sounds like you were walking pretty darn fast at that pace.  I walked it a few times just last week before my SJG pass came in.  It took me about 9 1/2 minutes to get from the door by the Financial Aid office to the Manor Garage's stairs.

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 06:08:18 PM »
It sounds like you were walking pretty darn fast at that pace.  I walked it a few times just last week before my SJG pass came in.  It took me about 9 1/2 minutes to get from the door by the Financial Aid office to the Manor Garage's stairs.

How the hell did you get an SJG pass as well? SOB, am I the only one without one?

At any rate, I guess I have long legs cause that wasn't a fast walk for me at all.
Carlos Cadena Society

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 06:12:51 PM »
We talked about it briefly either here on these boards or the official ones.

In order to get into SJG first semester, you're supposed to go in on August 1st and buy a summer pass as the reduced price for the last month.  You can then go online and renew for the Fall semester and request a transfer to SJG.  So for a little while, I had a MRG pass before I got transferred for the Fall semester.

You have a second chance once you renew for Spring semester, but I have no clue how many openings there will be at that time.  Also note that those of us with SJG passes will basically have to pay for year round parking til we graduate, or we'll have to take a change on the transfer system again.

I thought someone was mentioning they were able to buy a SJG pass directly after the renewal period was over.  If you weren't able to, it must have been a very small window for doing that.

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 07:41:33 PM »
Yep.  Bet it was a very hot 5 minutes and 56 seconds. :D

And we both know all will be forgiven when I show up with cold beer to the game tonight.

So ya'll are going to see the express tonight? Is it too late to join...

terpsichore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 01:00:36 AM »
We talked about it briefly either here on these boards or the official ones.

In order to get into SJG first semester, you're supposed to go in on August 1st and buy a summer pass as the reduced price for the last month.  You can then go online and renew for the Fall semester and request a transfer to SJG.  So for a little while, I had a MRG pass before I got transferred for the Fall semester.

You have a second chance once you renew for Spring semester, but I have no clue how many openings there will be at that time.  Also note that those of us with SJG passes will basically have to pay for year round parking til we graduate, or we'll have to take a change on the transfer system again.

I thought someone was mentioning they were able to buy a SJG pass directly after the renewal period was over.  If you weren't able to, it must have been a very small window for doing that.

I didn't buy a MRG pass over the summer but I was able to log onto the PTS website and buy a SJG permit about a week ago without a hitch.  Probably just dumb luck based on all the hype I've seen on the message boards.

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 04:53:15 PM »
Yep.  Bet it was a very hot 5 minutes and 56 seconds. :D

And we both know all will be forgiven when I show up with cold beer to the game tonight.

So ya'll are going to see the express tonight? Is it too late to join...

By game I meant Nix and my kickball game (which we won, by the way, thanks to some balls-out pitching by him and some d**mn good base-running to start a rally in the 4th by me).  The Express game outing was last week.

cool...btw I pm'd ya as well...