Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Callback interviews  (Read 10376 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Callback interviews
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 07:18:54 PM »
Irregardless?
Air Force JAG Corps

jenery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 11:55:38 PM »
i sent thank yous for neither screening interviews nor callback, and got the offer.  i really don't think they're necessary.  if you're worried you're borderline, they might help a bit but i don't think it can hurt you not to send them.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 12:45:08 AM »
Irregardless?

I know. "Irregardless"? I thought he went to Yale. WTF.

John Galt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 03:17:28 PM »
I forgot the grammar police patrol this board. My most sincere apologies for the error, it should have been "irrespective."

boston08

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 03:47:35 PM »
This is unacceptable. You should be expelled from Yale Law.

I forgot the grammar police patrol this board. My most sincere apologies for the error, it should have been "irrespective."

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 04:31:24 PM »
What is the time period that is acceptable to inquire to the firm as to whether or not they are going to give you a call back?

For example, tommorow it will be two full weeks since I interviewed with two firms, however I haven't heard anything from either one of them yet. (No rejection letter, yet no call-back) Should I e-mail my interviewer or call them tommorow if I haven't heard anything yet?

I did send thank-you letters the day after the interview, so they do know I'm alive still.

In another question, is anyone else getting sick of interviews and cock-tail receptions? I have interview number 10 in a two week period tommorow and I'm starting to wear a little thin on smiles and talking about myself. How is everyone else feeling about their situations?

Bored 3L

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 04:48:39 PM »
This probably depends on where the firms are located.  Although there are always exceptions, in my experience and that of my friends, NYC firms are usually very quick about extending callback offers, often making the invitation at the screening interview itself or within 2 days thereafter.  By contrast, DC firms seemed to take a little longer, generally a week or so to extend offers.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 12:03:24 AM »
I just got a callback from a DC firm that I interviewed with at the Patent Fair four weeks ago.  Hoestly, I was surprised (and thrilled!) after this long that I got a callback.
I love my philly phanatic :)

johnnylongtorso

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 01:35:52 PM »
You will get a callback within 48 hours from most firms.  Smaller firms and offices will sometimes take longer. 

Don't send thank-you notes after a screening interview.  It's pointless and makes it look like you don't know what you're doing.

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 01:43:20 PM »
Callback response time varies from firm to firm and from city to city.  NYC firms are reportedly VERY quick, whereas other cities may take more time (maybe a week).  Also, other factors could be whether the recruiting committee has met yet, how many layers of management it has to go through, etc.
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein