Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Parking and Insurance  (Read 1275 times)

margee

Parking and Insurance
« on: August 24, 2006, 10:18:02 AM »
Ok, so how/when/where are we supposed to enroll in the student helath insurance and purchase parking permits (I want a C+, which was not available as an optional fee)?

Yeah, I could probably search the websites and find what I'm looking for, but I'm currently going insane trying to get everything ready for my move tomorrow :-\  And besides, I'm sure one of you wonderful people has my answer :D

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
Re: Parking and Insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 10:37:24 AM »
Ok, so how/when/where are we supposed to enroll in the student helath insurance and purchase parking permits (I want a C+, which was not available as an optional fee)?

Yeah, I could probably search the websites and find what I'm looking for, but I'm currently going insane trying to get everything ready for my move tomorrow :-\  And besides, I'm sure one of you wonderful people has my answer :D

Parking permits went on sale Jul 24th. You can currently buy them through the parking website: http://www.utexas.edu/parking/.

As for insurance, I would strongly recommend you avoid the university plans. They are not competitive. Many of us researched other companies and myself and several others decided on Unicare as a provider. I am getting health and dental for $94 a month.
Carlos Cadena Society

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:12:35 AM »
permits are still available for the MAG garage as well - it is only a 200-300 yard walk to school from there (adjacent to the football stadium).

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 11:14:31 AM »
permits are still available for the MAG garage as well - it is only a 200-300 yard walk to school from there (adjacent to the football stadium).

I thought it was more like a mile!
Carlos Cadena Society

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 12:28:27 PM »
I thought it was too.  And I had a permit there for a while.  It's at least a 10 minute walk.  A very hot 10 minute walk.

Grrrr. you and your stupid SJG pass.
Carlos Cadena Society