Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer timeline/processes  (Read 1516 times)

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Transfer timeline/processes
« on: August 19, 2006, 06:47:03 PM »
Can anyone post a timeline for those of us who are thinking about transferring? Like when we should start filling out the applications, when to apply, when we'll hear back etc? Also a list of action items for those who want to transfer (like personal statement, application, LORs etc)? Also, do transfers need to include the same items in their application as pre-1Ls did or is there additional items that need to be sent with the application?

If you don't have time to type all of this out but know of a website that explains the law school transfer timeline/processes throughly. please post a link. Thanks! :)

fiveten

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Transfer timeline/processes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 07:05:47 PM »
There is a yahoo group (transferapps) that transfer students list their stats, you should definitely look at that.  Most schools your application won't be complete until you have your second semester grades, but a few (WUSTL, Case, Denver, Tulane, GULC, and maybe others) do admit students based upon just 1st semester grades.

anna13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 09:15:31 PM »
I transferred after my first year. I did absolutely nothing in regard to the transfer until I had finished all of my second semester finals. I recall starting my transfer essay maybe three weeks after my last final, and I believe I asked for my letter of rec about two weeks after finals. In other words, I didn't give transferring a mere thought until second semester finals were dead and buried. I ended up getting into all of the schools I applied to transfer to.

fiveten

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 09:48:24 PM »
I wouldn't risk waiting until after 2nd semester finals to start asking recommendations.