• View Profile
« on: August 18, 2006, 04:16:32 PM »

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
Re: We've been registered
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 06:20:02 PM »
If it weren't for you, I would have no idea what's going on in law school.
Carlos Cadena Society

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 06:29:56 PM »
Actually, was just looking at the "My Tuition Bill" page, and was confused because:
a) the amount due was a few grand less than it should be and
b) there was no option to "apply financial aid" like they said there would be.

So I called the Financial aid office (again) and they said that this is an intermediate step and that final tuition due and financial aid won't be ready on that site till Monday at the earliest.  They also said all the 1L's are too snoopy and keep finding things on the website before we're meant to.  ;D

(I tried to convince them that I would happily pay the reduced tuition instead...they weren't buying it! ;))

I noticed the same thing earlier. I went to "what I owe" and then clicked on the see tuition bill part and in that area there was an option to pay with financial aid. Thanks for the heads up on the amounts being different. I noticed it too but didn't get a chance to call fin aid before they closed for the day.

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 11:38:38 PM »
Argh, this is what I get for clicking the button BEFORE checking LSD for my daily update. Damn. Will I have to do the tuition-paying step all over again?

Annoying.

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 11:51:09 AM »
Wait, where is the site where you can see your tuition bill? I am looking around Freshlaw and don't see it.
Carlos Cadena Society

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
Wait, where is the site where you can see your tuition bill? I am looking around Freshlaw and don't see it.

When you're at the discussion boards, you'll see navigation on the top that includes a link to "my home."

From "home," you'll see links to a variety of financial info towards the bottom - you may need to scroll.  Tuition is at:
https://utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/fb/my_tuition/my_tuition_home.WBX

OK next question. Why is my total bill and my amount due different?
Carlos Cadena Society

margee

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 03:48:15 PM »
 ::)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 04:13:06 PM »
I keep hearing (from other classes, so it's not too terribly biased) that because we're at 35% out-of-staters this year, our class is full of uber-geniuses (felsen, margee, etc.) that are gonna rock out the school.

I'm an in-stater, Deuces.  If I'm one of the uber-geniuses, then section 1 is in trouble.  I'm sure they slotted me into that section as a middle to end of the pack person.

margee

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 12:41:38 AM »

you and me both, brother.  ;)  I'm just glad to be around people smarter than me.  Gets me all excited and stuff.

:D