Law School Discussion

Poll

The best way to handle the drug policy would be...

Keep the status quo
1 (3.1%)
Make tougher laws like mandatory minimum sentences
3 (9.4%)
repeal all drug laws, focus on violent and property crime and let people do as they wish.
11 (34.4%)
Decriminalize reefer, keep other stuff illegal, but focus more on distribution
1 (3.1%)
decriminalize posession/use, set up clinics for addicts to reduce crime, go after major distribution of hard drugs
14 (43.8%)
i dont like any of these choices, jackass
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Favorite music to study to

Evolve

• MSN Messenger - ekleveland@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kapuda
    • View Profile
    • Email
Favorite music to study to
« on: August 17, 2006, 05:44:17 PM »
Being an avid music lover, I have a hard time reading/studying without music in the background. I've been listening to the same playlist for years though and its getting a bit stale. I was hoping you kind folks could help guide me in a new direction. PLEASE reply with specific artists and songs if you can.

Re: Favorite music to study to
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 06:20:22 AM »
Celtic music is the only real music out there. Loreena McKennitt is highly recommended to study by.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 07:44:34 AM »
I cant study with music or noise. I usually sit in the library with earplugs and get into my zone. Sorry, can't help

kmpnj

• View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 08:10:46 AM »
If I need music to study by, I usually listen to the smooth jazz station.  I find that jazz mellows me out and enables me to focus on the reading. Most of the time, however, I just do the earplug thing.

blawg

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:18:05 PM »
would you ever listen to the case?

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »
none or earplugs...if only I could learn by osmosis, or learn by playing tapes at night through hypnosis :-X

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 05:13:45 PM »
Being an avid music lover, I have a hard time reading/studying without music in the background. I've been listening to the same playlist for years though and its getting a bit stale. I was hoping you kind folks could help guide me in a new direction. PLEASE reply with specific artists and songs if you can.

Broken Social Scene - try You Forgot It In People or self-titled album.  Both have good doses of fantastic music without distracting (read: intelligible) lyrics.