Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Orientation Packet Posted  (Read 2514 times)

Felsen

• View Profile
Orientation Packet Posted
« on: August 17, 2006, 01:03:55 PM »
The Orientation Packet has been posted on the FreshLaw site.  It is under one of the links at the top from the existing Orientation page.

It looks like it is just a compilation of mostly pre-existing data.  I didn't notice anything of special note while glancing through it.

jess427m

• View Profile
Re: Orientation Packet Posted
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 04:23:11 PM »
Ugh, there's a map of the theatre where we'll have some orientation activities.  We'll have to walk, like, a whole block.  Outside.  In August.

Maybe UT Law will be like when you go to an all inclusive resort in the Bahamas and they give you a goody bag? Perhaps our goody bag will have those cute little personal fans with the little misters attached. A girl can dream right?

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »
The F&J boat cruise will also be lovely, I'm sure. ;)

Speaking of the boat cruise. Ladies, any thoughts on attire? I want to make sure I decide early what to wear so I can send out it for dry cleaning if need be and get some new black sandals if I decide to wear a certain dress since my dog decided my favorites were a really good chew toy the other day  :'(

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 04:56:58 PM »
First, remember that it'll probably still be 100+ degrees outside when we get one the boats.

Second, if you scroll down in this:
http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/studentlife/fall05.pdf

There's a pic from one of last year's cruises.  It appears dresses would be too much, and that the ladies were wearing as little as possible because, as I've already stated, it's gonna be really hot.

Thanks! Problem solved.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 07:53:35 AM »
Second, if you scroll down in this:
http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/studentlife/fall05.pdf

There's a pic from one of last year's cruises.  It appears dresses would be too much, and that the ladies were wearing as little as possible because, as I've already stated, it's gonna be really hot.

Wow.  There's also a pic of my society's social activity (Bradford).  Whereas Cadena does an AIDS walk, Sheffield builds houses, and Green builds decks, the great Bradford society members MOVE ROCKS.   :D  Way to go, team.  Glad you're putting those brains to work!   ;)

Since they don't have as many chain gangs anymore to break up the rocks, they use the next best thing.  :)

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 11:41:51 PM »
So I've been promising myself all summer that I will just focus on my studies in law school, and then the orientation packet and society publications make it clear that the actual intent of a society is to get me involved in extracurricular and survice activities? Now I'm really confused... I don't know whether to love the society program or hate it.

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 11:48:23 AM »
So I've been promising myself all summer that I will just focus on my studies in law school,

I an effort to do this, I sold my playstation, xbox, and gamecube. The only thing I will really miss is being able to play the NCAA games on xbox prior to the real games.
Carlos Cadena Society

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 12:27:06 PM »
So I've been promising myself all summer that I will just focus on my studies in law school,

I an effort to do this, I sold my playstation, xbox, and gamecube. The only thing I will really miss is being able to play the NCAA games on xbox prior to the real games.

i can't wait until the real games...

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 12:38:01 PM »
Yeah, I sold off the xbox & games... it was a tough decision, but it had to be done.  Also didn't purchase an X360... also tempting.

Xbox 360 is my gift to myself if I do well first semester.
Carlos Cadena Society

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 04:01:43 PM »
I haven't owned a console in about 13 years.  I've been solely computer based since then for my gaming pleasures.  My wife has tried to prevent me from installing games on my laptop, though.  She has succeeded so far because I cannot find the installation disks for many of my games, just the play disks.  :(